Posts by kiban

Thank you for the reply's!

To clarify I meant I tried both the vendor ID and card ID, not both at the same time.

The bios is capped, it has minimal instructions, there is no way to deactivate anything, but as I explained, this is an optimus laptop, deactivating the iGPU is not a possibility, since it's the iGPU that it's connected to the display, since it's muxeles desing. The problem lies in the Nvidia drivers ability to switch between the cards, since freelancer is not a "game ready" it doesn't work with it, freelancer only "sees" the 630 iGPU. I think I may have to give up and play with the iGPU.

Hi, I'm new here, long time fan of freelancer, and here is my issue.

I have a Acer nitro 5 laptop, wih i7 8750h (intel graphics 630) with dedicated gtx 1050 4gb. As I understand it this is a Optimus laptop, meaning all video goes through the iGPU Intel graphics.

The problem is getting the dGPU to work with freelancer. I edited flconfigdatabase.txt with the following line under GEFORCE/QUADRO: 0x10DE-1C8C = "GeForce GTX 1050"

Forcing dGPU through nvidia drivers and windows 10 doesn't make it work, since at the start of the game says it doesn't detect d3d card (with iGPU disabled through device manager).

Any ideas?