Posts by illipthgore

yea thx gearhead that's what I was doing, I just cant belive that they wouldn't have added the TRAIN only trade routes to cargo containers in the game, playing in a window esp in a large ship type is a huge PITA because the risk of shutting the game down by accident esp when trying to turn quickly and shooting turrets I allways run the risk of accidently hitting the edge of the window, I had that happen in one of the SP missions where id spent ( no lies ) 2 hour just following long arse WPS hundreds of Ks away and then got into a fight and with no station to had docked at when the window accidently closed in a fight I had to restart and I was not happy lol.

I play in a window as that's the only way to see the cutscenes which now ill just ESC thru, the big ships with all the limitations of the engine should never have been made to use as players, they are so badly implemented due to the restrictions of the engine that I fear I have lost interest incredibly ESP with the lack of a decent equipment system just adds to the frustration { .

Yea I'm having this issiue seems like a bit of an oversight as the trains cargo is not listed as a trade item that I can get trade routes and I have searched for a list of stations/bases that use train docking but cant find any list of the wares/containers they buy/sell.

So how on earth are we suppose to find the best trade runs for containers ? surely we aren't expected to ID each station and chk ? surely the trade computer would do that ?

So can anyone pls fill me in on how to find the best route for containers thx .

EDIT : in my tiredness I bought the wrong container for the only trade route I know which is cabolt/titanium NL - PM so I was looking for a place that bought carbon and cant find any listed didn't want to throw away a few mill if there was a station near buy ect so how do I find out where the stations buy carbon ?

Hi guys/gals.

I recently, well like yesterday in fact installed CF 2.0 having never tried earlier versions a few steam friends said it was awesome and to check it out so I tracked down my very dusty FL disk and installed it, could not get it to launch despite spending half the week trying all of the fixes I could find ect [ win 10 ] and was about to give up when [ my said steam friends told me about CF mod ] which would allow me to play both the FL vanilla camp + carry on with the new CF SP camp ect.

Well following the very well done instructions I only made 2 fatal mistakes requiring fresh FL installs ect, but they where my own mistakes due to my limited tech ability-understanding haha, so good news everything runs well but I cant seem to find out anywhere how to start the FL vanilla camp or the updated CF camp, from what I have been reading when I start a new SP game I start on new York but at level 18 with 150k creds and nothing else in the log past very early on in the camp from memeory where I talk about leaving bretonia and trying my luck in the border worlds. I have no mission interaction/updates at all and the only missions I get are from the bounty boards type thing. reading and searching about it I seem to think I may have made a mistake somewhere.

My first game of CF I started yesterday without reading much [ didn't want to spoil my surprises ect ] and went from lvl 18-45+ just exploreing missions trading ect, I kept checking logs but all I needed was money to advance un like the useual msg about requiring a quest with the description ect. so I am at a loss ?