Posts by Mesachie Man

Thank you LordRaydenMK, MartindForlon, Dented, Denne and Portalearth;

I appreciate your input, suggestions and support. I will adjust my game-play accordingly. For the record I have read the server rules, twice in fact, and will no doubt read them many more times before the server goes offline. Sometime between now and then they may be memorized, but for now they are reference material. I look forward to observing what a Galaxy Ranger investigation entails.

I tried to make it to Sol but got killed by an NPC at the far end of Hyperion which spawned me back in Edinburgh. Low on bots, batteries and countermeasures, I headed for Planet Harris to replenish my stores when I met up with Meranti.

Next time I will try to be more inventive. MM

For the second time within a week I, playing as Sabzi_Mandi farming with my freighter, have been the subject of a bounty posted by a player with whom I have had no previous contact. It's very irritating. My conduct on the server has been guided by the excellent examples set by Dented, Boks and others. Consequently, I have coached, shared and partnered with less experienced players to see that if their goals are not met, they understand how to achieve them. I treat players I encounter with the same respect with which I would wish they treat me. As a licensed smuggler unaffiliated with any clan, I understand that I am at the bottom of the food chain and I accept that I may be taxed or robbed at any moment by another player or an NPC. But bounties, from what I've read, are the appropriate recompense when a clan/player slighted by another player. I accept the acts of piracy, taxation, even competition among smugglers are customary but nowhere have I read that bounties are posted for the amusement of others.

In both cases; Meranti dba |AS|Liberator posted the bounties and |DP|Avenger dba |DP|Lucifer came to collect them. In the first instance, Avenger took a more junior player I'd been helping, hostage (threatening Bob_the_dwarf with death if he moved) until I showed up. I did; I fought back as best I could in my freighter and died predictably. This evening I was minding my own business, fighting off NPC's while trying to farm Breton space, when Pinkie_fighter logged in. I greeted her and she responded in kind. Then we were informed on screen that |AS|Liberator had placed a bounty on each of us. |DP|Lucifer killed Pinkie_fighter and then he contacted me suggesting that I make it easy and come to him. Recognizing the pattern from the other night, I mentioned his hostage taking and Avenger/Lucifer admitted that it was he. He later admitted that Meranti was the player who posted the bounty. Long story short; Meranti killed me in Tau-31 and collected $10,000,000 for his part in my death.

I don't like that my character's death is serving as some sort of amusement for the idle rich in the game but what can I do. I don't suppose we freighter drivers could get shields higher than level 7, could we... SWAT_Op-R8R?

Don't we already have lasers? Aren't they the weapon of choice in the New York system? And if I'm not mistaken, isn't the Cer'lor Emitter a laser-based weapon? It does 993 physical damage, 596 shield damage, draws 169 power, cycles at a rate of 3.03 and has an effective range of 1.1 km. I think what Kermit wants is already available and operational in the field. MM

To whom it may concern;

Both of my character's (Sabzi_Mandi) tractor beams stopped working. When I noticed that it was happening I did the following:
    0, I made sure I was out of chat. I was.
    1, I went to the options gui and removed the hotlinked keys both tractor beams, and then set them again - no change.
    2, I logged out of CF, logged back in - no change
    3, I logged out of CF, restarted by computer system, logged back in - no change
    4, I switched to my Mesachi_Mandy character, both tractor beams worked fine
    5, I switched back to Sabzi_Mandi character - no change, tractor beams still not working

I don't know what else to do? Is it possible for someone to look into this?

Cordially, MM

Congratulations SWAT_OP-R8R;

And thank you for assembling this page showing each step of your work. Artists never cease to amaze me. My father has been an artist for most of his life but sadly the artist 'gene' missed me by a country mile. I am impressed with your imagination and vision. It will be rewarding to see your work come to life in its execution.

Kudos, MM

For what it's worth I started the Hiruga system puzzle last night and solved it this morning. I liked it, all things considered. I found the jack-in-the-box just 3 jumps from the exit. Losing 56 Sgt pods was a bitter pill to swallow but it did reinforce the lessons of puzzle; (1) the merit of patience and; (2) don't get attached to your cargo. Then I went back in to finish mapping the last four holes. For the record I got to the jump hole on the far side of the sun twice. Now I just have to get my freighter in there before the server resets to take advantage of some great prices on Niobium.

SYNARK, do you still need help? MM

After I got banned by the server I realized I hadn't included either the Mod Manager's folder or Crossfire's folder among the folders exempted from my anti-Virus program (Panda) or my firewall. I have only been banned once since then and that prompted me to check and update my Windows Defender. Since then it's been smooth sailing. Good luck, MM

I too am intrigued. Dynamic jump hole malfunctions will add some spice to the pirates' and smugglers' routines. My only hope is that the New York system will remain much the same as it is now for the players who are just beginning. I've helped a couple there lately. Notwithstanding that one issue, bring it on; I'm ready.

Hey guys, it's been many weeks since I was last banned by the server. But after the last time I did exempt CF and the mod manager from both Anti-virus and firewall. Since then it was been smooth sailing until this ban, and I should have expected it. I experienced a great deal of uncustomary lag in the game before the banned. Next time I will just opt out for a while and then come back in.

Credit to SWAT-OP-R8R for the details, PortalEarth for unbanning me and MartindForlan for your answers. Cudos to you all. MM

Greetings;

I must be missing something obvious, or it could be that it is 3am here and should be asleep. Would someone please point me in the direction of how to send another player money/equipment in the game? An established player was very kind to me when first I started and I would like to both return the favour and do the same to others. Many thanks, MM

Thank you @Wanderer and @ringotwin ; Your dialogue has been very informative. Wanderer, I've bookmarked the links you provided and will read them (with luck) tomorrow. I tried to get the level 10 turrets in Tomsk but couldn't get through Gurm without buying the farm, so I settled for the turrets I had on my Bullpup3 and bought the SoulTrain. On my way back from Sol it seems I found just about every station type that doesn't accept the Train :( but I found a decent deal in Colorado to lift my spirits. Cudos to both of you. MM

To quote Edison Trent, "Good to know" Ringotwin, thanks. I was doing pretty good on the rep thing until I came to the aid of a player last night. Now the Rogues, Lane Hackers, Junkers, Outcasts, Xenos and Corsairs all hate my guts, not to mention the factions who hate everyone's guts like the Molly's and Unioners. I think I might have to put off getting the train until my rep is a little more neutral; like you said. In the vanilla game I usually do that by taking jobs for the GC's but this time I'll take a look at the guide I saw in this forum. Many thanks, MM