Posts by <SF>Jericho

I think OP have a point there DDR5 is not actualy that faster cos of high latency but we all agree that staying at curent tecnology is not investment in future so if we rly want upgrade DDR5 is logic choice on the other hand its all obout budget or just wait the new technology become a standard. Well i say 32 gigs for sure 16 is bottom line. That case is good choice if im not mistaken that front is a mesh with 2 140mm fans? You seem to like both performance and aesthetics like me :D but that costs. Obout cooling if you decide to go air that Noctua is always good choice if not the best. It seams also you rly like that MSI board so i7 for sure dont degrade it with i5. I was ROG fan earlyer but ill return to MSI cos a lot of negative reports obout that recent Asus boards. The most expensive part is graphic card so by the time you upgrade that part this is going to be huge bottleneck in system but still much better then your old configuration. And obout that power suply 700W is more then enough for that parts you planing to buy but if you upgrade GPU you r going to walk on thin line :D

Ok it seams that you like Intel so if you allready decided to go there think obout good cooling system and powerfull PSU. That mobo is too expencive for that CPU but its so cool and you cant mistake with tomahawk boards. And why you talking obout RAM compatibility when you have to buy new RAM cos u used DDR4 by now and dont question DDR5 i mean double speed?

Obout PSU you will be happy with 500W 80+ for that graphic card you curently using but if you plan to upgrade to better graphic card you will definetly need stronger PSU like 750W or stronger i recomend Seasonic or Corsair. And what you mean by 4700 i dont understand which one is that? Is it 4070 maybe? For the case it depence what are your budget i normally recomend be quiet but its expencive so go with any you like but go with airflow variants. I dont recomend small cases. I use water cooling NZXT AIO and im more then happy. I tested that CPU you plan to use and in cinebench with stock cooler rly bad results cos it was throtling temps was 90 degrees and higher. So you can go with good air cooler (Cooler master cheapest but good) or more expencive water systems. A friend use Cooler Master HYPER 212 BLACK EDITION with that CPU you plan to use and temps are rly good and i pack all of his components along with RTX 3070Ti in Be Quiet Silent base 802 i mean that case is more the good :D temps was never obove 65 degrees for both CPU and GPU even in heavy workloads.

Ok, I'm looking at the correspondence and I can't shake the impression that there's probably something there. Since it is an old game and the launcher actually starts Freelancer, there may be incompatibility with modern systems. Of course, it is necessary to test that theory by running the game in compatibility mode or even by placing the CF exe file in compatibility mode. As for windows defender, the entire "My Games" folder can be whitelisted to avoid the possibility of blocking entries, there is no need to move it to another partition.I am writing all this because I also had problems with a certain mission and I will certainly test this theory of mine when I have more time. Of course, we can also go to the extreme and test the game in a kind of sandbox, say in a Windows XP virtual drive

Yep i was right changing resolution does the trick stable 144 fps and exelent frame time in all situation even in MP. My graphic card can deal with shaders but that diferance in reso between 2 monitors somehow affects the fps and causes micro stuttering and lags, even though my GPU consumption is minimal. I have just one more question. maybe I'm asking too much, is it possible to add an option to choose the resolution in the launcher or the game itself, that would finally solve all my problems

Ok i remember that from times before crossfire when i tried to change reso by hand :D I did manage to lower resolution but have to uncheck borderless window mode as a matter of fact i have to uncheck all boxes otherwise i get game on three quarters part of display :D maybe that is good for something who knows. I'm left to hope that some update doesn't return these settings to the old ones, and I miss borderless window-mode a little, but you can't have everything, right?Yet i'd like to thank you for your answer it's been helpful.

I'm wondering, since I use two monitors, one is at 2K resolution while the other is at 1080p FHD, if that causes me problems when using the default shader. Now I have a theory, whether it is possible to reduce the resolution of the game to FHD from 2K, because I would still use the main monitor to display the game. I'm asking because I don't see the option anywhere in game options resultion is locked to 2K, I even checked "low resolution" in launcher options and nothing happened, I still can't lower the resolution. Is there somewhere in the folder where the game is located some configuration file where the resolution can be changed without ruining the game itself. Also, I wouldn't risk being banned from the multiplayer, that's why I haven't tried to tamper with the files so far. One more thing, is the resolution controlled by the main game or Crossfire? Thanks in advance for any response

Edit: I tried to launch the launcher itself on the secondary monitor, but the game still launches on the main one.

Another thing when installing Freelancer I had the option (since I'm using a repack version of freelancer adapted to higher resolutions) to choose a higher or default resolution. I chose high resolution, should I try to reinstall freelancer and select the vanilla version and then install crossfire again, would that affect the resolution selection?

I think it depence of which shader you r using i cant see that box also but it was there before.Now im using default shader in SP but i have to use vanilla in MP cos i get freezes and stutters acasionally and i cant risk that if im in combat or runing.

Lonz i dont even know how to react to this is it wrong post or you actually try to tell something eather way its totally out of context. Btw i rly think that this site dont deserve what you just said and i think that is quite helpful not by just admins but whole comunity

Ok so updates "fix" the problem but main problem still persists. I was trying to help by advise you to start fresh i dont know if you listen but if you do how do you get to that mission this fast?!? One think is on my mind that you deleted all saves but that prior to problematic mision or you using "crouches" so my suspicions obout corupted saves still stand. So that problematic dll file now alows to be overwriten magically? Cos that is updates surposed to do overwrites old files.Rly without solving that mission you cant finish the game and im sorry that i was not helping. Obout that blur you can just uncheck that box at the shader options by pressing home.

GunnyMike Somewhere on the way that "namesresources.dll" file gets corupted where, god knows if you are so desperate then do final step of desperation :D WINDOWS REINSTALLATION god knows i do that several times when some program didn't act as i want. It sounds that this file simple dont like to be overwriten maybe somwhere in scheduled tasks firewall blocks that overwrite its a freackin twilight zone. So last try before you actualy do the reinstallation. Try to install FreeLancer and crossfire at the same folder there will be actualy 2 folders inside one. Try to use diferent FL instalation just to cross that as problem. After vanilla game installation before CF fire up freelancer just to make a save games folder at user documents folder (if you done that earlyer then do the oposite dont touch FL icon). Then install CF after that you dont have to test all missions just do the mission one and compare size of that file between FL installation and CF if its the same problem persist then you can actualy do the desperation step :D. I dont have to tell you that updates are crucial you need them so do the all updates from louncher cheers

I was wondering is it posible to integrate game it self (Freelancer) and the mod Crossfire and upload that as single download and installation.I'm sure it would even solve some compatibility issues. I am aware that there are copyright restrictions, but if you release this mod as a complete game that is non-commercial, I don't think there would be any problems. They would reduce the troubles of new players who have to download Freelancer and Crossfire separately and literally install two separate games. One mod of a popular sports game that is drastically younger has already done something similar and I don't think they have a problem with copyright, although it is not a giant like Microsoft. Don't take this as a request, just an idea, thank you

Well i played that SP campaign a lot of times and 1 thing is for certain you need a strong ship for the rest of CF campaign so VHF for sure. Now it's up to you to choose the ones with more armor or better weaponry. Heavy or fast and agile, whatever suits your playing style. The selection is large and you can find the list of all the ships in the game here on the swat portal. Ships - SWAT Portal. If you ask me personally what ship i like i used 4 diferent ships for 4 times i played campaign. Redemption, Hydra MK III, Deimos and Titus just for how it looks

I dont know obout others but my job have diferent shifts so i dont play at same time. So no disadvantage for me for option 1. On the other hand with option 2 all players from diferent time zones will end up in same daytime or night time but cos of diferent time zones for some players will be night for some day that can be confusing. So ill go with option 1 it seams more natural to me

Well this game like all other simmilar is FPS i hate to fly from the cockpit view. You loose the sense of controll in 3D universe and the fights are too realistic.Why is so hard to make game like Freelancer that only need better graphics and maybe bigger map. In Freelancer travell system is best so simple and perfect and in third person view you can see your ship and you have better navigation and sense of space. All developers making game sims that look more and more realistic and ruin the wery concept of game i allready have real life i dont like the games to do the same its GAME for fuck sake! I dont know maybe im too old :D

You keep using old saves that are clearly corupted. My advice is to start fresh i mean rly fresh like clean dokuments folder and all traces of game from hard disk. Then step by step install game and start all from begining. If you afraid that some third party program AV or windows security like UAC will again corupt your game then install game in windows safe mode simple as that. Best solution is to install game at secondary partition to avoid denial of permisions and write protections(ive thone that). If you suspect that your copy of freelancer is not good i can provide you with mine copy, just contact me and i will upload game to my Google drive no need for crack ill provide you with any advice you need that is all from me.