Posts by oddyZR

A single-player 3D space shooter with rogue-like elements and non-linear storytelling from the creators of the "Galaxy on Fire" series.

• PC platform with additional platforms as stretch goals
    • Rogue-like gameplay with persistent progression
    • AAA-style visuals & sound and rock solid controls
    • Captivating non-linear storytelling that perfectly fits the nature of a rogue-like
    • In-depth upgrade and damage system
    • 1st and 3rd person action focus (no sim)
    • VR-Support

EVERSPACE by ROCKFISH Games — Kickstarter

Synaptic Youtube Review:

Thanks all for the comments, your help is very much appreciated!

Ok, before I started this thread, I already bought BorderWorlds Dreadnought - Inquisitor. I was looking on lexicon what will be the most "mean" CS to buy and by the look I chose this one. So, this is my story so far.

I will put this story in Spoiler, just in case.

Now, this is all I have to say so far. I will try other things you guys mentioned and see how it goes :)

At the end, here is a video I recorded this morning in which I was doing one Oasis mission.

Hello all,
    I am opening this thread because I've searched the forum and haven't found any related discussion about this mater. So, I'm looking for any suggestion, tip or guide how to play with capital ships, what missions to do, where to go and what to destroy, in other words, how to put those ships in best use, how to make the most of them and have fun. What are you doing with your capital ships? :)

If anyone have anything to say, pls, your comment is more then welcome.

I recorded one NPC mission from multiplayer for purpose of showing the look of the game and hardness of NPCs. It's recorded on max details with ENB shader so the video is on 1080p in 60fps.

Ok mates, I would like to start a multiplayer, but before I create a character, any suggestions how to start, what to do, where to go. I am new to all this, like I said, I haven't play Freelancer since 2003. before I done singleplayer story now. Is there NPCs in MP, are pods also good way to start and earn money as it is in SP, or its better to start as trader. And finally, if I hunt only NPCs, do I need to worry for RPG rules and not to brake any?
    I do not want to start and mess something at the beginning :D

Any tip and suggestion is more then welcome :salutes

It was 10 years ago, in student dorm, when I get my hands on, now legendary, Freelancer. Since then, i remember it from time to time, just how good the game it was, but since few weeks ago, when something crossed my mind and I chose to look on the net and remind myself of it. Remind and see what graphic actually looks like by today standards. And then, I saw that Freelancer is still alive. I saw so many mods, active communities so I decided to give it a closer look. I start searching, reading and I was so eager to give Freelancer another run. After some research I chose Crossfire.

Now, after 40 hours ingame and finished story, finished 13 vanilla and 30 extra Crossfire missions...30...I just have some needs to write something. I have need to say one BIG THANKS to all of you, modders, community of Crossfire for all you have done and still doing for this game. Thanks for all graphic improvements like HD textures, effects, 5-6 extra shader mods to chose from, for all new ships, gears, planets, stations, solar systems, for 30 extra missions and completed story. I will forget to mention something for sure because there is so much to be mentioned. The job well done. I really enjoyed.

THANK YOU!

And I will, for sure, give it another run :)

Now, If anyone is interested, I will put a few words and pictures down in spoiler, like the stats after completed SP story, the ship in which I end the game as gear on it and few endgame pictures.

Cheers! :)

Hm...I am playing SP and I am finishing it, there is few missions left till the end and I had 3 different ships until the last one, the Bullpup Mk III. In previous 3, I had no problems, or I didn't noticed. Now, i took Bullpup fot the fun, trying Freighters to see the difference with VHF and I don't die, but after long fights, I get end up with few modules missing. Last things I was doing just for lolz, I get in massive fight against everyone in NY system, I was doing half hour fight against 20-30 ships of all kind, police, navy and then, in brake, when I went to dock, I saw shield module missing. Few hours before, in one of Dom'Kavash systems I've also end up with no turrets left. I didn't die.

Hi everyone,
    I noticed that you can perma lose equipment in battle, like turret, shield module, cannon and so on. Can some tell me when does this happens, in what situations, what modules can be perma destroyed and does this happens for certain ships or not?
    Many thanks in advance :)

Ok, the problem is fixed. I re-installed the game, FLMM and Crossfire 2.0 again, not messing around to add different stuff, and now everything is A+. So, it was my bad messing around adding staff which apparently are not compatible, like Huor said.
    OS is Win7, graphic card is gtx 660Ti, i5-3570k, 16GB ram. 1920x1080.

OK, many tanks everyone for replies. I thought that maybe someone encountered this kind of...lets say bug and can give some kind of solution. I've done forum search, have found anything related so I asked here. I have backup, so I will put back original files, no problem at all :)
    Once again, thx team for Crossfire 2.0 and sorry if I done something I supposed not to do, like you can see I am very new to all this.

I changed HUD, Icons and buttons in Data/Interface after installing Crossfire. Changed files are copied in game directory directly. This is combinations of Flat and dark interface by Hunor. That's all that I've changed along with Settings in SweetFX settings file.

Hello everyone,
    first, many thanks for this nice mod, after 10 years I choose to give a Freelancer another try and I pick Crossfire 2.0 to do it, now, the problem
    I need a little help, if someone can tell me how to fix this problem with planets as you can see on this two pictures, I would be very happy :)

PxLmq2d.jpg
    and
    w4IyGbm.jpg