Posts by Nhull

Yeah its the DLL alright...i fix the error putting rasapi32.dll to native in wine. Still cant connect and i got a new error

fixme:service:EnumServicesStatusW resume handle not supported

I suppose there are some dll I dont have...but from that message above im guessing wine does't support Ras...still i will see if i can find some info on that

It seems in Windows is working...hell i even boot it from a pen and works well even with limited memory xD.
    I have a new lead tho xD...

fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!

This appear in my debugger...so probably if i fix this things will work :D
    I just have to find out how xD

I dont have a firewall in Linux neither in wine..i already did port forwarding to those ports..this is strange...
    I did a second installation on Windows (another laptop) and install the patch and the mod..then i copy it straight to linux..but still no dice..I'm waiting for my father to test the game on his laptop since the other one that has Windows installed doesnt have a graphic card capable of running Freelancer xDD (to old)

Edit: Haa i forgot..the freelancer.ini is exactly the same in Linux and in Windows no change whatsoever..and the files are the same to

A quick doubt...when i installed a "fresh" freelancer, should i install the patch 1.1 or does not make any difference?

EDIT: I think im close to discover the problem..when i start crossfire SP he creates a second EXE folder (EXE2) and after that if i exit and start MP he gives me "cant start Multiplayer E7" and delete more than half the file in EXE2..and then if i try to start SP again i got the same message..but if i delete the folder SP works because he creates again the folder..basically SP works fine if i dont start MP xD..any idea what might this be? xD

No luck with libcurl there...i have curl installed last version and all the libs, even the 32 bit libs...I'm kinda "pushing against a wall" here xD...any ideas?
    It's the first time i had this kinda of problems playing a online game in wine...im curious now to know the solution ^^

Hmm well i suppose i can add all the dlls necessary to system32...but i dont know their names :S .
    Also if the freelancer.ini is not correct i need to correct it...i just need the file/configs from someone. Already add libcurl.dll to system32 and already fix the audio.

I notice now that i have those gls_workaround files..so probably the ini was not altered as it should be...so probably with your configuration on the freelancer.ini file i can put it to work :D

Hmm yeah so it seems...maybe the workaround works but didn't change the configuration of the ini file..can you tell me the correct configuration that you have in the ini?

Thanks for the reply:D .The problem might be on freelancer.ini since the server settings are there. The audio static doesnt really bother me since i have it only on space on docking and stuff like that, i fix it later xD...and yes im emulating in wine windows XP.
    My freelancer.ini is like this on the listserver part:

[ListServer]

;;;hostname = localhost ; Your local machine
    ;;;hostname = FLListServer2.dns.corp.microsoft.com ; GUN server in Austin
    ;;;hostname = 131.107.135.190 ; GUN server in Redmond
    ;;;hostname = 212.227.23.76 ; Crossfire Server Germany
    hostname = gun.fllistserver.com ; GUN server in Redmond (DNS entry)
    port = 2300

It is suppose to be like this? Because i think it's very weird having the microsoft server there since it is closed like 5 years ago xD.

Hello people from crossfire. I'm a returning pilot from the world of freelancer from many years ago thanks to this mod...hmm...well only like 6years or something xD. Well im a little rusty but hope to make a great comeback xD Hope to see you all in space ^^ (when i get MP working under linux)

Hello to everyone. I'm a linux user and i have a slight problem with the audio...when i entered the game it seems i have some kind of stuttering on the audio when people talk on SP.
    Can anyone tell me the cause for this?
    Also this is probably a stupid question and a lazyness on my part to search for it xD but how do i set up the ip for the multiplayer? When i entered on MP i get the "connecting to global server" message and nothing more. Thanks in advance for any help given :)