First off all i want to thank you for the great work and keeping freelancer alive :herz: I reinstalled the game a few weeks ago after some years of abstinence and i tried a lot of different mods until i finally installed crossfire. And i have to say what you did with the source material as well as all the new stuff you created is just impressive! :applaus:

The only thing that bothers me is the chosen draw distance. Could you add an option to the client or the mod installer to choose draw distances for ships, trade lanes etc. for SP? I know max draw distance in MP wouldn´t be practical, but for SP it would be a nice addition. Sure ,I can edit LODranges for ships and stations in the ini files, but especially editing the trade lanes is quit difficult for me, because that information is somewhere in the exe file and further i never figured out where i can edit the draw distance for the debris. I found a mod where all draw distances were set to max, so nothing pops up out of nowhere, but after playing crossfire i can´t possibly switch back to that mod :rolleyes:

I would appreciate if you could consider those changes to deepen the immersion

Kind regards

Brodequin aka tuKk

• crossfire already has increase draw distances and generally I see issues with doing further increases

other players with older PCs already complain about performance problems in certain areas

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• That´s why i thought about an option to choose the draw distance manually, in the mod installer for example, like low/med/high or something. Medium being the setting as it is right now and further low for older PC´s and higher for those who just can´t get enough^^

That way everyone would be happy. Wouldn´t work for MP obviously, but as i said, a nice addition for SP.

• not an option since the server would flag it as cheat

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!