• it by default should not show that logo at all

it only happens when you visit the coalition sleeper ship before

a bug... a crc conflict.... being result of the technical inability to create large 3d models based on FL resources back when that content was created.

ill take a look at it and get the logo removed.

aliance ships never had the alliance logo attached to them

they used their national flags instead

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks OP. That explains a lot.:thumbsup: I've linked this ticket to another thread and in particular one of my posts. I originally thought I was going crazy and very felt very embarrassed and stupid. Ha! Here's that post. Hold on I'm just collecting it ……..

• i removed nothing

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• wombat1940 if I understand it well, then these signs appears on Hispania only under very "special" condition. I.e player in the same play session visits before coalition sleppership. So it is freelancer old game-engine technical issue.

• if I understand it well, then these signs appears on Hispania only under very special condition. I.e player in the same play session visits before coalition sleppership. So it is freelancer old game technical issue.

Well, there's a very good chance I had visited a Coalition Sleeper Ship (maybe the Moscow or Minsk) before I went to look at the Hispania. Anyway thanks for your comment. Its helping me understand what is going on. I'm totally staggered about such reasoning, but I'm now prepared to consider it as a possibility and everything is not simply black or white as I used to think.

• it happens when 2 different objects with different properties have the same internal naming structure.

Once you visit the first one the properties are loaded and kept in memory and once the 2nd object is visited the properties from this memory are applied to that 2nd object (even if that actually is wrong)

an oversimplified explaination of a crc conflict

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• it happens when 2 different objects with different properties have the same internal naming structure.

Once you visit the first one the properties are loaded and kept in memory and once the 2nd object is visited the properties from this memory are applied to that 2nd object (even if that actually is wrong)

an oversimplified explaination of a crc conflict

Thanks. Makes it less of a mystery for me. In fact, it makes a lot of sense. :thumbsup:

• that issue should be fixed with the next update

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,