Freelancer and Crossfire installation

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by <SF>Jericho.

• I was wondering is it posible to integrate game it self (Freelancer) and the mod Crossfire and upload that as single download and installation.I'm sure it would even solve some compatibility issues. I am aware that there are copyright restrictions, but if you release this mod as a complete game that is non-commercial, I don't think there would be any problems. They would reduce the troubles of new players who have to download Freelancer and Crossfire separately and literally install two separate games. One mod of a popular sports game that is drastically younger has already done something similar and I don't think they have a problem with copyright, although it is not a giant like Microsoft. Don't take this as a request, just an idea, thank you

• Just hypothetically.

Would you think EA Games is happy when somebody offers a non-commercial download for FIFA 23? I mean... its non-commercial then.

That is not different than releasing FL.

Putting aside that FL can be downloaded from various abandonware websites (it is NO abandonware) Microsoft still holds a copyright. Even if Microsoft does not enforce this copyright (which Microsoft to my knowledge never did eventhough it would be their legit right to do) there are other aspects to consider like the terms of service of the server host or the rules at moddb which strictly forbit publishing copyrighted content without permission of the owner.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• This quite possibly could be the worst most asinine website ever created, NO HELP EVER

This was the most out of context comment every done.

Considering the replies you got to the other 4 posts you made plenty of peopled tried to help you despite EVERY of your posts aimed to insult someone.

Dunno what you expect with such terrible manners.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Lonz i dont even know how to react to this is it wrong post or you actually try to tell something eather way its totally out of context. Btw i rly think that this site dont deserve what you just said and i think that is quite helpful not by just admins but whole comunity

• Jericho, in simple words - No, that will never happen.

The reason is NOT because it's impossible, rather because of copyright. Freelancer is a product sold by a corporation. You see where I'm going ? :)