Shader Banner

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Sorry to trouble you, but I thought you might like to know that this morning I received a launcher update and then a file update.

There appears to have been a shader update within these files. This has resulted on the banner remaining on screen instead of autohide.

It maybe down to my set up, but just in case it is not, here is a screen shot.

• since it still shows version 4.9.1 the mainfile (or more) was not updated

I tested the patch yesterday after the release and everything worked fine. I can only assume that for some reason some parts of your CF installation are write protected.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Its just a theory.

Anyone else with this problem?

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• since it still shows version 4.9.1 the mainfile (or more) was not updated

I tested the patch yesterday after the release and everything worked fine. I can only assume that for some reason some parts of your CF installation are write protected.

I got first launcher update, and then were downloaded 270+ files. But shader still shows 4.9.1 version ... should it be updated?

• Attached are screenshots of log ... not sure where is log file located so I can upload it full. Is there something what I can test to find where cuplrit is?

• I downloaded the installer for the latest version 5.4.2 and ran the the app. Despite the app stating it had installed the latest version I still get the message showing the old version and the errors incured. I have tried uninstalling the old version and then reinstalling but still no change. I have check the files and I can't find any that are write protected. It is probably me not knowing what I am doing, but I thought you might like to know this.

• 1. If version shows 4.9.1 the errors in the logs would be normal. The issue is that the version is wrong and that i don't understand why it would be wrong for you when in every test I did in the past days the version did flawlessly upgrade to 5.4.2

2. You can not manually install 5.4.2 using the official release. That does not work as it is not compatible with CF this way.

Ive tested this twice today on a fresh cf installation and meanwhile 5 times on a backup installation which had the 4.9.1 version. Not a single issue other than on the 4.9.1 one single effect fails to compile (but thats not really a big issue).

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thank you for taking the time to look into this problem. I only wanted to bring it to your attention just in case it was an issue. It appears to be a problem with my installation and/or general set up issues. For the time being, I have turned off the shader and I am able to play the game without any problems. This also removes the banner from the top of the screen. If I discover what caused the failure to update correctly, I will off course let you know. Once again thank you for you time.

• Well it has now updated as it should. I have no idea what was wrong, maybe a registry error. However, I turned off my PC overnight and rebooted this morning. I then used the launcher to load crossfire and this time the shader loaded and updated correctly without any error messages. i now have 5.4.2 installed and everything appears to be operating correctly.

So if anyone else does get this problem a reboot after the update might be the solution.

• I did some changes, trying to force update the file.

That might be why it worked now.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Worked for me now too, thx! (5.4.2) installed. Curious if there can be issue with user account management settings which I had on deffault, but now switched off.

• should be no problem

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,