[SOLVED] The Windows Power Button Stopped Working After Insatalling a Game!

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Roxon.

• Hello there, friends. I recently installed a game on my Windows 10 computer, and since then, the Windows power button has stopped working. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Please assist me in repairing it.

• coincidence?

If you mean that physical button on your PC I have my doubts that it is in any way related to CF since the controls are embedded in the hardware.

Maybe it is a lose contact.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• After not receiving a response, I started searching online and came across some articles like this one. I followed the method which is DISM and SFC scan, after doing this the problem got solved. Now I have no longer any issues while opening the power button. Anyway, thank you so much.

• Martind Forlon

Changed the title of the thread from “The Windows Power Button Stopped Working After Insatalling a Game!” to “[SOLVED] The Windows Power Button Stopped Working After Insatalling a Game!”.
  • sorry I should have told you sooner the /sfc command from the command prompt can fix alot of issues but if you have a very serious issue like I had when I was running win11 for several months it cant fix all issues but is very helpful to know about, I ran win11 for several months with zero problems its really sweet, when its stable, but was getting a very nasty random bsod (blue screen of death) would happen especially often in world of tanks and thats 100% pvp game no pve at all the last thing you want when you in pvp is that a bsod lol cus then ya will die fast. there are logs that generate when a bsod happens and after checking those and much research seems my psu wasnt putting out enough power to all my drives which I have 2 internal and 1 external but the external has its own power supply. When i unhooked the sata internal they bsod went away for quite a while and thought I had the problem nailed but then very rarely would bsod again but wayyy less after turning off the 1 sata internal, my os drive is m.2 gen4x4 it cant be turned off like a sata, would actually have to remove it. I also was running a usb TV tuner so you can watch TV on ya pc and its an old win10 version but the problem did not happen when I ran windows 10. My power supply unit on my rig is a very good one a corsair HX-750 which the hx series is their top of the line series. I got mad and just wiped my os drive and installed a clean 10. I am totally stable again no bsod ever and I play alot of games, I mean alot. I did lose my win10 license that will allow you to upgrade to 11 for free if you have the security device "trusted platform module" on ya mainboard. you can not run win11 without that. Most modern mainboards have it older ones do not. yeah thats way more info than ya may need but someone may can use it because you can not run an old version of windows forever we will all have to run 11 eventualy because microsoft will eventually no longer support 10 or provide updates to it.