This mod is very unbalanced.

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Alli.

• Hi there. I'm loving this mode since i love original Freelancer but there are some issues. Main problem is that the missions are very unbalanced. You can do 2 missions on the same level but one will be easy and second very hard. Same goes with story misssions they are very easy compared to side missions. What's the reason behind that?

• I generally doubt that two missions of the same level have a significant difference in difficulty.

The missions on the bars are generated only based on the level and fetches the enemies which spawn from the faction settings.

It is possible that certain factions are harder than others but you most definitely won't have to face them if you are playing the story campaign.

The first 13 missions of the story campaign still have the vanilla story difficulty increase. The only difference is that in general the AI is better for all enemies in the mod.

The new story missions have a higher difficulty which fluctuates based on what factions you are facing and what threat level the mission requires to create a convincing settting for the overall story arc.

There are some difficulty peaks related to certain factions. In one occasion you are even supposed to retreat.

Generally the difficulty settings across the systems is balanced between what a progress curve is needed for Singleplayer and a long term challenge for the people in Multiplayer.

Other mods which do not have a singleplayer mode (which is pretty much every other mod) do not have to bother trying to balance on the lower end.

Vanilla on the other hand had a terrible multiplayer balancing where challenging content was absent.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Ok I tested it again. Seems like there is Sth wrong with Corsairs faction. To give you insight, I can easily solo 8 Molly's or Junkers ships and in a short time. But I took a mission on an even lower level (lv6) to destroy Corsairs. Destroying their two ships is much harder than destroying 8 from other factions. They have better damage, their shields are regenerating constantly at a very fast rate and they seem to have unlimited shield batteries. They are also very agile and it's hard to hit them.

• no npc ship in the mod has unlimited shield regeneration.

The max capacity of bats and bots npcs carry is limited to 30-40% of what a human player can use.

A lvl6 npc even follows exactly the same balancing rules of vanilla FL. These low level npcs did not get a major upgrade other than the general AI improvements which apply to all factions equally.

I can only imagine that a weapon shield combination has an impact on your combat experience.

Not all weapons are equally good on certain shields. Some only deal 80% damage, some 100%, some even have a 20% damage bonus.

Since different factions use different shield types you might see different results depending your weapon choices.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello JamesKurde ,

Corsairs have better ships than Mollys and Junkers, this was the same in Vanilla FL. Legionnaires are especially hard to kill because of their shape and destructable hull parts. In addition, enemies in light figters are the hardest in CF because they make very good use of higher speed and agility with the new AI. This problem exists only at early levels , later all enemies will be slow because they mostly fly VHFs.

Also, in CF you can adjust difficulty in game options.

Hope this helps!

• Also, in CF you can adjust difficulty in game options.

Can you give more details? Suddenly I want to put the lightest game settings and fly by train to Kawash systems. 8)

Hi there. I'm loving this mode since i love original Freelancer but there are some issues. Main problem is that the missions are very unbalanced. You can do 2 missions on the same level but one will be easy and second very hard. Same goes with story misssions they are very easy compared to side missions. What's the reason behind that?

I don’t know what’s difficult about missions. While you have a weak ship and equipment, take the easiest levels of missions. So it was in the original Freelancer. But with the reloading of Torpedoes here (CF), they are reduced with the original.

Edited 2 times, last by Alli ().