Crossfire - Upcoming changes, upcoming content

There are 87 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• all i asked, if it is maybe possible to add an option to make the shield regenaration in SINGLE PLAYER a bit more balanced for old folks that have not the reflexes to enjoy some story missions anymore because of their old age handicap. as example, it is frustrating as hell if i see myself failing that mission 10 times every day since a week where you have to protect these 2 transport ships with artifacts and there always are at last 2 enemies alive at the time these transporters got both destroyed...

i would even wait for next year christmas if the chance for such an option would be possible but would have low priority to get be done. so please give an honestly answer. can such option for single player be done, or should i stop trying to play the story again with this mod and go back to original game for that

• Shield regenaration depends on your shield and ship. Aiming depends on your guns (use same guns if possible) and flying skills (strafing, Engine kill, thruster use etc ).

I suggest to make a thread about your troubles there. Plenty here will help out.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• After reading these posts, and first up. Respect other players, and there individual situations. Respectfully !!! I am also well up the age bracket. Have had no problems with the mod as it is at the present and future updates.Set backs "yes". :patsch: But overcame them and moved on. To me its like life, and how you handle its challenges that appear in front of you. For me, is exactly why i have been here a long time. The mod is a great test to mentality and physical reactions. Everything has a possible outcome. Just depends on your determination to get there. :thankyou:

• As you might know, back in February I've put the development of CF on ice due to the RL political situation in combination to the content refresh of the Coalition faction and its connection to the planned blackstar content.

Four months passed by and the situation is still the same but I feel the urgent need to start working on CF again.

I was thinking about this for some weeks meanwhile and I am still not entirely sure how to do it.

Most likely I will cut the update into smaller pieces and at least release the non-critical ones, such as the launcher changes, the visual upgrades for Sirius and maybe even a bit of the Blackstar fleet related content.

The Coalition updates (eventhough this is the part where I made most progress in so far) will remain on hold.

There are technical difficulties to overcome anyways.. so... no promises.

I most definitely will need some help getting some of the work done and also with the technical issues I ran into.

Instead of working towards a big update I intent do release the done work on the fly once working and tested.

To put it into perspective, the entire Blackstar Fleet update was meant to be about half the size of the current mod. That is very much and it is very easy to get lost with all the work done and work to be done.

Smaller junks might be a good way to organize stuff and keep the development running without going nuts.

Maybe time will allow to touch Coalition content at a later point. I at least hope so.

I also intent to discuss the future development of the mod in a chat meeting (to be announced).

This will be for people interested in supporting and contributing to the development. Details about what needs to be done, what can be done, where help is needed, etc will be discussed there.

Last but not least.

I got a reminder about the status of the clan systems.

I intent to update the owership status next week. Clans which might loose access to clan bases can get access to them again at a later point. Nothing will be lost.

There were some payments done which I have not appoved yet... I will take care of that aswell and update the status of the rent accordingly.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• As you might know, back in February I've put the development of CF on ice due to the RL political situation in combination to the content refresh of the Coalition faction and its connection to the planned blackstar content.

Four months passed by and the situation is still the same but I feel the urgent need to start working on CF again.

With all due respect tell me how any political situation influence a GAME?!? My opinion is to forget politics or eny other event and do what you like. If you feel urgent need to continue the work then do so. This situation will most likely last a lot of time im 50 allready so hurry :D. If you afraid that your work will make you a Russian fan in gamers eyes just dont. We play games to forget all other problems and just have fun. So keep up the good work and continue your magic you will have all suport you need from us. Maybe i sound like poltron or kiss ass but i love this mode so much i was prepared to swalow all my pride when i was wrighting this :D and again sry for my bad English. Chears!

• well the way I see it it is possible to ask 1000 people and get 1000 different opinions on this matter

I have a strong one with this topic and I am not really comfortable atm with doing as if nothing happened. But yes it would be a shame to do nothing at all. That is why i am trying it with a compromise.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Generally yes, I just think it would be beneficial if such donations are done to help clans with their clan system rent.

This way it would be a support for the server and the clans at the same time.

Two birds, one stone.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,