Banned Account

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kuze.

• Hello. I am sorry if I am writing in the wrong subforum.

So. I was flying as usual on my Kuze char today when I noticed that my guns are making no damage to anything, I quit the game and when I tried to log back I got the Banned Account message.

I must say I quit the game while in space, is it the reason? Or It was some automatic ban and maybe some of my files are messed up? I installed the mod yesterday, and I noticed that I have more files in the CF folder than usual. Then I realized I have files from the Void mod mixed with CF files. When I installed the Void via it's installer, it installed it into the classic Program Files location (my default vanilla install folder is not in Program Files). The CF installer copies the vanilla FL from the Program Files location. Since yesterday I had no crash or error while playing, but could this issue be while I got the ban?

• Hey mate,

CF requires a vanilla Freelancer installation, like Void does. I do not know whether Void mod does any modification to the original Freelancer installation, but it looks like one of the following must have happened:

1. CF picked up vanilla FL files from Void installation path instead of where it actually is installed.
    2. Void altered the vanilla FL install files, which CF picked up.

I will test these two scenarios myself.

Edit: For unban, consider opening a ticket here.

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

Edited once, last by LancelotOnCrack ().

• I suggest do completely new mod installation using new mod installer:

• unbanned

it was an automatic ban because of a wrong server.dll signature

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• The Void is non-vanilla so it has a bunch of modified files and me myself modified a few of the starspheres with prettier one from a different mod so it could have definitely messed up a few files. Well sometimes having multiple mods is a pain in the a**, especially how the FL files are interconnected even when in different folders.

Edit: For unban, consider opening a ticket here.

This is the subforum for banned account request and such? Sorry for the noob question, I am not a frequent forum lurker here.

unbanned

it was an automatic ban because of a wrong server.dll signature

Thank you. Before I go online again I do a fresh install first.

• This is the subforum for banned account request and such? Sorry for the noob question, I am not a frequent forum lurker here.

Yes. Unbans, problems with the mod, enhancement requests, reporting other players etc...

And don't worry, my dude, we all been noobs with the forum (except OP - he really digs WoltLab Suite).

I have a good news and a bad news for you. The good news is that there is no bad news.

• Okey, mod reinstalled, account unbanned, thanks for the help and advices...however (and I post it here for the sake of not spamming the forums with more threads) the strangest thing is happening on my chars.I do not believe I had such a problem since I started playing FL in 2008. My guns are not inflicting damage. I only have 1 chat atm, but I made a new one and the same problem. No damage. So I switched to a different account via FAM, and everything is fine on that one. Do I corrupted my account or something? Sorry for bothering you guys.

• it can happen that a banned char acts strange after an unban

but this only lasts till the next server restart

I assume that something remains in memory that blocks interactions

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!