Currency Multiplier Cheat - Cant Find It

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Apache.

• Hey all. Finally found my original Freelancer cd and got it installed. Found the no-cd exe file and im ready to play it once again. Long time ago i found a cheat were you could edit a file and it would change the currency multiplier for the whole game. This would let you reach the next financial level (for the next time Juni calls you) after doing just one or two jobs (or a nice fat trading haul). Made the story move A LOT faster. I have been googling for days and i can not find where that edit is. I have found where you can edit your initial money amount in the PerfOptions.ini file. I have found where you can edit other files to change what their value is (with an editor) The cheat im talking about you were able to edit with just notepad and it affected all financial transactions. If i remember correctly the tag was something like "currency_multiplier=1" and you would change the "1" to like 100 or 1000 or whatever you want. I dont remember the exact syntax of the tag but i do remember you had to just change one number. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

• Hello, Greentoast,

in CF mod (after been able left New York) you can for example sell escape pods from killed NPC's in prison stations and get therefore needed funds almost instantly. Editing and cheating game files is completely unnecessary ... btw do changes to game files is against mod eula, so we can't help with this, sorry. This portal have also detailed wiki for CF mod, so players can play and improve theirs skills easily. ... messing with game files also can easily break cf campaign, so it's highly recommend to don't do it.

• We are not giving cheat instructions.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• You can leave New York through the Custodian gate after Mission 1. Do not go to Alaska/Tohoku/any of the story systems, the X-3043 gate there might disappear once you get Juni's call. Just go to Vega or Neophobos, and take the same way back. After mission 2, you can simply take the escape pods to Texas.

• Sh*t... somehow I read this as a "Multiplayer" cheat, HAHAHAHAHA

As for the currency cheat, there are actually way easier ways. And if you want for Juni to call you up, just sell pods at the Prisons until you reach the sum she/the System requires you to (so you can advance to the next level).

• I'm guessing he's playing single player, but what's the point of playing the game when currency is got that fast?

• I'm guessing he's playing single player, but what's the point of playing the game when currency is got that fast?

sometimes you just want to finish a game's campaign uninterrupted, without having to worry about unlocking the next mission/needing more money.

But usually you can sell escape pods from your last story mission, and the next one will unlock.

After mission 1, it is possible to go to Custodian, X-3043 and sell your pods in Vega (Karnak Prison) or Neophobos (Ghats Prison).

Stay out of Alaska, I tried selling there, but the jumpgate to X-3043 disappeared after leveling up.

bonus tip: buy a few (10) expensive pods back after you level up (don't leave the base immediately)

That way you always have something to sell immediately after the next story mission, in case the mission npcs don't drop pods.

Also, don't get too much money. Next level requirement is based on your current worth at the end of story missions.

The more your current worth, the more money you need for next mission. It is definitelypossible to level up through the whole campaign with only pods from story missions.

Edited once, last by Apache ().