Not leveling up

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• Hi all!

I'm new to the mod and have a little problem:

I reinstalled the game after a decade, played for 4 levels and then stumbled across the crossfire mod. I installed the mod and started playing it.

After some time I recognised that I can't level up. I have earned about 140,000.- $. Do I have to earn more for the next level or is this a bug?

Regards

Gargoyle

• Hi Gargoyle,

You have to play through the Campaign if you want to level up (if you're playing the Campaign mode).

Besides, in the F8 Menu it tells you what you need in order to level up, if it says nothing (if you're not playing the Campaign -> You have the option to choose via the Launcher through the Installation of the Mod) then yes, more credits, the maximum level is - 100.

• Hello Gargoyle!

You can see the exact "worth" required for the next level on Player Status screen (F8 key).

Crossfire has increased requirements, but also offers an easy way to make money: just deliver and sell escape pods to prison stations.

HTH

• Thanks for the help.

I want to continue the campaign. It says the requirement for the next level is roughly 25,000.- but I already have 140,000.-

Any idea whats wrong? Should I start the campaign again?

• It means that you need to make 25,000 more. ;)

When it says the exact sum required to progress through the Campaign, that's the number you need to have in order for Juni (or the other characters) to call you.

You can use the Prisons in Texas / Manchester / Shikoku throughout the Campaign to progress quickly if you want to.

• When it says the exact sum required to progress through the Campaign

It will say "Mission" instead of the number in this case.

I want to continue the campaign. It says the requirement for the next level is roughly 25,000.- but I already have 140,000.-

It means that you need to make 25,000 more. ;)

The requirement shown is the total worth you need (if I recall correctly). Probably something is wrong with your game... After installing Crossfire, did you continue using a save from the original FL, or did you start a new game?

• It will say "Mission" when you pass the requirement.

But didn't think about save games from the original game, that could cause an issue indeed.

Also on that thought, why does it require you to make 25,000 since you start with 150 000 credits in CF, meaning that it should be around 200 000 in the beginning +/- (and it increases with each progress)? Are you really using an original FL save?

• Yeah, I checked it again and the amount required doesn't change no matter how much I trade.

It was a savegame from the original game, copied to another location on my PC. Un- and reinstalled FL, installed CF, moved the savegame back and continued to play.

If that's the mistake I made I'll just start a new game.

Can I start a new FL campaign out of CF or do I have to start the original game?

• Really good to hear that! :)

By the way, when you finish the original Freelancer Campaign, you may want to check out these Game Saves for the Crossfire Campaign here:

There are also for the FL Campaign of course, but both of them (FL/CF Campaigns) start from the beginning and since you already started playing through the Freelancer Campaign...
    (Yeah, yeah... I do wanted to make other saves throughout the whole campaigns, but unfortunately I have limited time in Real Life).

The reason being is because you'll be fully equipped to fight off the strongest of npcs, in case you don't use God mode.

Again, in case you do want to quickly progress through the Freelancer Campaign, you may use the prisons in Texas - Manchester - Shikoku when you move through the sectors during the FL Campaign, here's a map that you can use:

Sectors & Systems - SWAT Portal

And you don't even have to sell all of your available pods for your next mission, just the amount necessary so that Juni can call you up, otherwise you'll have to collect all over again.

PS: For the Crossfire Campaign, you won't have to collect at all, just follow along and don't stray off the path because it's an Unofficial Extension and you may glitch it, hence why I also created the Game Saves with a fully equipped VHF to play it through, though if it does glitch... just reload from an Autosave.

Have fun!