About moderation/bans/evidence etc.

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by jortegaa3289.

• Thanks for that. I will try your =Empire Mod=, but at the moment busy with other things. However, there also seems so much hostility here at the Forum, towards the Mod, and I'm too naïve to understand why. Its probably better if we discuss it elsewhere. I'm already in trouble here of my forthrightness. I'll be in touch …….

This post will remain inaccessible for others until approved by a moderator.

• It is pretty simple.

Some people here are pissed at the guy which came here to advertise his mod all over the forum hijacking CF threads and then eventually that same guy started to insult members of the CF dev team, posted lies about our work... and then started threatening us (including pretty fucked up stuff that violated a good bunch of rules here).

I think that most people here have been very patient, friendly and helpful to that guy... until he decided to freak out.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Op, I'm always nervous about "challenging" what posts "claim" have been done here. I don't doubt what you say is true, but do "we" outside "moderator thread/post access" see any evidence to support such claims. All we see is the blanket removal of so called "lies, insulting and threatening posts". Your words. Do you think we are not able to form our own opinion about such issues ? All we see are the positive posts, the ones you have approved for posting, so what do you expect us to feel. Even this post faces the same evaluation. Interesting to see what gets through. Ha!

Fictitious Scenario:

Posters call me a grumpy old man.

Me: "Sorry, where's the evidence ? "

Moderator; "Oh, we edited that out because its insulting and lies ……. ?

So YOU say …….. but we don't see the evidence and thus you leave me/them defenceless ….. and others confused.

Edited 2 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• Unedited! Thanks!

• wombat1940 ... this is what moderators do. It's unpopular I know ... and also they can send a PM and explain things in private (like that one you have in your inbox, bcs I know you little) ... sigh.

• wombat1940 ... this is what moderators do. It's unpopular I know ... and also they can send a PM and explain things in private (like that one you have in your inbox, bcs I know you little) ... sigh.

Yes ….. I understand. I'm afraid I'm too trusting. I'd be the worst Moderator ever! But sometimes, sometimes, just sometimes …. I have to moderator my own posts. You just think "What the F*** !!!" But I settle down …… most times. ;)

Edited 3 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• The rule breaking content was removed one of our moderators to prevent that people feel the need to harshly react to it. These posts triggered emotions of some members already and would have caused even more troubles if we have kept it in public. On top of that were some posts directed at newly registered members and it certainly is not a way to get welcomed to the community in such a awful way by a guy who completely lost control.

That being said, since the creation of this community not a single post was deleted. Hidden from public eyes... yes, when rules were violated. Deleted never. Therefore it isn't a big deal to provide evidence when requested. Since that is your desire, I'll grant you that wish and show you a snippet of the post history. Check your messages.

That being said.... a community like this one can only work based on rules and moderators which make sure such rules are followed. It is their job to keep the discussions clean from toxic content so that all other members here can enjoy their stay. I am pretty glad to have a Moderation team which is able to make the correct decisions when needed.

Here are a few reasons why certain crap might be better not visible.

1. its a good idea to remove content which is illegal

2. its a good idea to remove content that might offend other members

3. its a good idea to remove content that is outright wrong (in order to prevent that people make stupid mistakes)

4. its a good idea to remove content that generally is harmful to our members

5. its a good idea to remove content which would turn this community into a toxic shithole

And just to clarify it... as you might think we are filtering what people can say.

We do not approve or disapprove posts unless either clear rules are broken or the posts are flagged for approval automatically by the forum software.

I noticed this happening multiple times in your case and even today I am not 100% sure why this is the case. Maybe you have used non-ASCII/Unicode chars in your posts and the Antispam mechanism reacts to that OR it could be because all your posts that appeared in the moderation logs were edited 6-7 times. Maybe the forum doesn't like it when posts are constantly edited, right after publication.

No matter what.... ALL of your posts were approved. Not even one was "filtered out" by us.

The approval condition is always triggered automatically... not by me... not by any moderator. We are just the ones having to deal with that stuff each time.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• No, no ....... I understand. This …….

……. is a bit of a joke between us. I've forgotten which post initiated it, but there was something unusual about it and I forget what it was.

Ok, I'll coming clean …… publicly ….I used it unfairly.

Why have I changed?

I've seen the offending posts ……. bloody hell! Its different when you see them in black and white ……. bloody hell …… they are libellous.

Sorry SL, you've lost me ……..

This post has previous versions that are saved.

Edited 2 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• Posts in this thread were moved.

Edit by
    New thread created ... I think it is good to keep it here and can be continued if there will be need for it ...

• Posts in this thread were moved.

Edit by
    New thread created ... I think it is good to keep it here and can be continued if there will be need for it ...

So do I. :applaus:

( …… bloody Moderators again …… sticking their nose in ……….. Joking, just joking !!! ;))

• :bevilplan:

• I have found this a very revealing thread. Taught me a few lessons, revived my confidence in Moderators which was seriously flagging (sorry about that). I feel comfortable here again. Not them and us as I was feeling. When it was needed, we all pulled together. We were able to "talk about things". OP really contributed which I really appreciated. I still don't agree with all he says, however we can talk about it in an objective manner. Its all been good and I hope maybe others see things in a different light. A good one I hope. I love this mod. Its brought me so many happy hours in SP, unarmed, totally neutral, no enemies, mapping the Freelance universe. As I'm about to turn 80, I need something like that. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Back to sleep ……… ;)