Loot from wrecks does not appear regular?

There are 32 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• I am attempting to record the loot associated with each wreck. However, I've been repeatedly looting the same wreck in the Nedjef. I do this by firing on it and tractoring the loot. I then repeat the same steps by reverting back with Autosave to the same circumstances and loot the same wreck again. To my surprise each time I do it I get different loot.! ^^ Sometimes the pickings are good, other times not so good. Why isn't the loot the same (as in reality it would be) for each visit? Thanks.

• some wrecks can be looted only once

others can only be looted once per server restart so if another player got the loot before you, you will have to wait a day for the next chance

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello wombat,

could you please share the autosave file (Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\SinglePlayer\Autosave.fl) here?

If I am right to think that each wreck always has the same loot, then you have just discovered a special Miraculous Wreck which breaks the law of nature! :woot:

• it is possible to destroy some of the cargo when you shoot any wreck for its loot.

it all depends on the firepower you are using and how many times you hit the wreck.

this may give you a diffetent result each time the wreck is looted.

but only quantity will change, not type.

unless reprogrammed wrecks appear to hold the same type of cargo upon reloot if of the relooting type or reset type upon each server reset.

and as wombat1940 you are using an autosave game you are in fact repeating the rxact same looting every time you do it, so it appears your rate of fire could be why the loot quantity is different.

if on the other hand your loot is changing from one type to another then you do have a rare occurence and it is either a miracle or you have stubled into the............"Twylight Zone" ............ !? ::::::::::: :) :) Try using low power wepons or shoot the wreck only with one gun one shot at a time, stop shooting immediately when thing pop, sometimes one shot is enough - :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

Edited once, last by ringotwin ().

• Thanks guys. Very interesting. I haven't been thorough enough with my observations but I think the type of loot remains the same and its as Ringo suggest its the quantity that changes. I will be more consistent with my next set of tests (ie. maintain a regular, repeat set of identical conditions).

Hello wombat,

could you please share the autosave file (Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\SinglePlayer\Autosave.fl) here?

If I am right to think that each wreck always has the same loot, then you have just discovered a special Miraculous Wreck which breaks the law of nature! :woot:

Here's the nearest thing to it. Its not "the" specific one, but the leadup conditions are identical. Thanks.

Just for interest: Sometimes in my enthusiasm I was able to totally destroy the wreck. Other times, it remained in tact irrespective what I peppered it with.

Edited once, last by wombat1940 ().

• Well made the following setup in the Nedjef System:

Fired one shot (Railgun) from 150m (at the Kirov)and looted the following:

30 Wasps

4 Javs

20 Drone

20 Flares

10 N'pods

10 S. Bat's

144 Water

Repeated the identical setup and got the same loot EXCEPT no Water

Tried other distances (200, 300, 250 and 400) getting the same results I had previously BUT again no Water.

However it does show the loot type is non changing and relates to a particular wreck. But to recover the full complement of available loots is not guaranteed. Some maybe destroyed during the "attack" phase. My aim was to document the loot in each wreck, for my own interests and maybe post the same at WIKI. However to accurately determine the payload for each wreck might be harder than I originally thought. :(

EDIT

" xxxxx document the loot in each wreck,xxxxxx and maybe post the same at WIKI"

Hmmmm ..…. would go nicely as Lexicon entries. Nothing there at the moment about any wreck. :suchend:Well small wrecks at least …

Stop!!!

Found some …….. looking in the wrong place. :blush2:<X

Not all of them though. xxxxxx not there.

Gees!!! Some with images and!!! loot is listed!!!!! Nice one. :thumbsup::salutes Will explore further ……. :winki:

Edited 5 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• take a look around could the water have been mined, maybe it is not part of the wrecks loot?

using a Railgun to loot wrecks is overkill, swap it for a mall Justice mk 1 maybe two of them, on a decent size freighter and if you don't have it allready the absolute must have so you tractor all the loot is the medium blue or the red maxed tractor beam.

see you in space mate.

good flying & collecting. :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Please check my edited post #6.

Thanks Ringo. I'm really enjoying this! Boring everybody else s**tless I suppose however …….

I'm hopeless on weapons. Never use them flying in God mode and friends with everybody. Just don't need them, except to blow a hole in the side of a wreck for looting.

I have a list of default weapons. Would a Golden Blade MkII do? It seems to take 3 of these to destroy the wreck xxxxx from150m. Save hunting for that Justice MkI.

Also my tractor beams are pink …….. what does that mean?

EDIT.

Had a look round for the water source, but nothing obvious .....

Edited 3 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• Well I've tried a single Justice Mk1 on a wreck (the Aggressor) here in xxxxxx Reading lexicon it has Gunslinger Mk1 x 4, Gunslinger Turret Mk1 x 1 and C'measure Flares x 20.

With the first single shot fired it appear to destroyed its external weaponry (Gunslinger Mk1 x 4, Gunslinger Turret Mk1 x 1) and nothing is tractored. A few 1000 shots later the fight blows up and you tractor all the Flares.

But I'm at a loss to know how to damage the fighter such that I can tractor all the loot that it is supposedly carrying. :(

Edited 2 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• I've decide to change direction regarding the recording of loot for each wreck. Why? Its already recorded at lexicon. See xxxxxx What I am going to do is record the name of the wreck on the special, personal, system maps I produce. That's not to say there are not other ways to get each wreck's name without flying to each wreck. Its just another way. Of course, knowing the wreck's name allows you use lexicon to ascertain its payload.

Thank you boys for all the help. Its been fun. For me anyway. ……. ;)

Edited 2 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• Well I've tried a single Justice Mk1 on a wreck (the Aggressor) here in New York. Reading lexicon it has Gunslinger Mk1 x 4, Gunslinger Turret Mk1 x 1 and C'measure Flares x 20.

With the first single shot fired it appear to destroyed its external weaponry (Gunslinger Mk1 x 4, Gunslinger Turret Mk1 x 1) and nothing is tractored. A few 1000 shots later the fight blows up and you tractor all the Flares.

But I'm at a loss to know how to damage the fighter such that I can tractor all the loot that it is supposedly carrying. :(

When am played SP i usually disabled all weps except one and than shooting,carefully shot by shot :D

SASxema.gif

• your tractor beam is the best one.

most wrecks only drop once

some can drop extra when they sometimes explode when no hull is left

it pays to keep tractoring as you shoot sometimes you may pick up something more. :) :)

• Yes, I've done that. And when the ship explodes, is normal the most productive time. However I'm sure loot is being destroyed leading up to the explosion and I rarely if ever get what is listed in lexicon under "Wrecks". :(

• I regularly loot the same wrecks for the mk2 wepons on them and alwsys pick up as much cargo as I can.

The only thing that stops me picking up tbe full load dropped of the goods is my lach of cargo space.

Space permittig I have found the cargo to be picked up to be the same amount, each time.

In exploding gas clouds you are likely to get damaged wepons and goods if there is any delay in tractoring, sometimes makes no difference how quick you react the gas cloud is faster and goods and equipment can be is destroyed. :) :)

• That's really good information Ringo. Thanks for that. I think the water loot (remember that?) was just a once only and as you suggested, not part of the normal loot.

xxxxx where I check the loot. Although I'm not recording the loot anymore. The list for almost every wreck is at lexicon, so why record it again. What I am recording is the name of each wreck and its location. Here's a good example:

[Map deleted]

The xxxxxxx is not listed at lexicon but xxxxxx. and xxxxxx are.

I'm about to pass through xxxxxxx right now. I'll stop and check to see what I can salvage from both …… standby …… ;)

Edited 8 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• the secret storage containers are not listed because you were meant to search for them and find them.

the sectors are

Dublin - near where you find Quintaine/ Alaska - somewhere bottom of sector/ Omega-11 - also bottom of sector. :) :)

I just checked the maps - I see you have catalogued them all :) :) Good Job m8 :) :)

The maps look really great. :) :)

Edited once, last by ringotwin ().