Freelancer and Steam overlay

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Cr0x.

• Hi. CrOx :) :)

its good to meet you. :) :)

far as I know freelancer has never been a game offered through steam.!

never knew that steam could be used by someone as an overlay to play any game.!

as you said - is it possible,

how would you do it, if it could be done?

also why do it anyway? :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• You can add non steam games to your steam library and launch the non steam games through steam having then the overlay available, i Just cant get freelancer to work with the overlay, maybe coz of the launcher.

Anyway, you ask Why?

So i can open the Browser in game and surf while flying around, exploring long distances.

Btw i dont have a 2nd monitor Else woildnt be searching for such solution.

Regards

• Thx for the info mate.

Maybe Op or the other Admins can help you sort it out !?

The over lay of steam for what you want to do sounds like a good idea .

seeYou in CF :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• I have my doubts that it will be working

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• steam overlay on non steam games - Recherche Google

window mode exist on the launcher options

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes tnx OP i saw it and it works now but.... besides i got the overlay now in game, my game is "darker".

What i did if anyone is interested:

-the steam.exe in the install folder of, steam.exe/right click,properties/Compatibility Tab and check "Run this program as an administrator" and restart steam.

After restart and message pops up that steam is running in compatibiilty mod and how to turn it off(just uncheck the box again and restart).

In steam in the left down corner add game,add non steam game, and you add the crossfire launcher.

Start the game through steam library, the crossfire launcher normally pops up u go multiplayer and thats it.

My other question, what is the best shader options, i want the best looking one, i have win 10 but not the latest 1809 in case you wondering.

I have sweet fx selected since mod installed and didnt change it i saw u got change it and from my post above also for windowed mode of game.

So now my game is darker(kind of better looking) but maybe it will be too dark in space at some places, and also i got the overlay