A few questions

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by xxx78.

• Hi

I have a few questions I have not found an answer to yet.

1. Does this mod work with 21:9 (340x1440)?

The reason Im asking is that In movie cut-scenes the top of the movies is missing, and all round objects is stretched so they become oval in the videos.

2. Is it possible to change start cash? In the mod it is set to 150000, and this setting can normally be adjusted in mpnewcharacter.fl, but no matter what I try it always get replaced by 150000, even if I write protect it. I tried changing the same file both in mod manager folder and game folder, but it get overwritten. I think it gets overwritten by the 43 files Crossfire launcher download download each time I start a singleplayer game.

I sit possible with some workaround to fix this?

3. My game crash if I buy a ship before taking first mission, is this normal?

Thanks for any help.

have fun :)

Edited 3 times, last by xxx78 ().

• 1. yes (they running the widescreenfix)

2. no

3. yes, because you get your first ship from juni (it always has been that way)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello xxx78,

have you tried to directly set the video resolution in Documents\My Games\Freelancer\PerfOptions.ini? (3rd line from the bottom)

Stretched cutscenes could be a scaling issue, if the game runs at a lower resolution and the graphics card / monitor are trying to fit the picture to your screen.

• Hello xxx78,

have you tried to directly set the video resolution in Documents\My Games\Freelancer\PerfOptions.ini? (3rd line from the bottom)

Stretched cutscenes could be a scaling issue, if the game runs at a lower resolution and the graphics card / monitor are trying to fit the picture to your screen.

Yeah I tried that, did not have any effect at all. The cut-scenes is not really stretched, but a a centimeter or two is missing at the top.

• Sorry, I have re-read your initial post and seem to have understood what you mean. Round objects become stretched when they are far from screen center (like the planet on the right in this screenshot). This is normal in games where the image is rendered using rectilinear projection (including Freelancer).

Stretching can be reduced by adjusting vertical and horizontal field of view according to your screen aspect ratio. In Freelancer, FOV settings can be modified by editing DATA/Cameras.ini, but I don't know how to do it with Crossfire (in my installation that file contains zero values, and FOV parameters are apparently stored somewhere else). Maybe OP can help you with this.

• Sorry, I have re-read your initial post and seem to have understood what you mean. Round objects become stretched when they are far from screen center (like the planet on the right in this screenshot). This is normal in games where the image is rendered using rectilinear projection (including Freelancer).

Stretching can be reduced by adjusting vertical and horizontal field of view according to your screen aspect ratio. In Freelancer, FOV settings can be modified by editing DATA/Cameras.ini, but I don't know how to do it with Crossfire (in my installation that file contains zero values, and FOV parameters are apparently stored somewhere else). Maybe OP can help you with this.

Thanks again for your reply. Yeah I also saw that those settings is changed in CR. Got a tip about that in another thread. maybe this have something to do with the files that downloaded every time I start the game, or maybe it is the result of HUD tweaks in CR. I think the only thing I can do is to play in 2560x1440 (16:9) instead of 3440x1440 (21:9). I think the widescreen functionality in this mod is made for 16:9.

Any reason to change start cash to 150.000,-, have prices for things in game also increased?

Also after first mission I suddenly have 170.000,-, have the mission rewards also increased?

Edited once, last by xxx78 ().

• Also after first mission I suddenly have 170.000,-, have the mission rewards also increased?

Shortly: Yes.

And little later (when you will be able leave New York) you can use "escape pod" which are ejected from killed NPCs and sell them in Prison stations in Texas, this will help you make moneys.

I really suggest read: Starter Guide - SWAT Portal ... :)

• Thanks for the link, Im trying to learn about CR but there is so much changes.

About money and rewards, it feel like cheating getting so much money in the start of the game. But I guess there is a reason for this, I really liked the slow start with no cash as in the original game.

• Fully equipped VHF (for all these added by CF mod) will cost several tens of millions and later in the campaign you might like to have a good equiped VHF. There is also a moment when you will have only one prison for selling pods and your progress may go much slower. All this is very depending on player preferences, was not possible satisfy everyone, ... and income is also the same for multiplayer where you really need money because you may like to build your own fleet and equip ship(s) with some special devices (like cloaking device ... only in multiplayer) which just alone cost few hundreds milions.