Cyberpunk 2077

There are 58 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Capuchinaa.

• more or less

not that much has changed in the past 2 years

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• There is quite a few nice improvements added into this game including much better environment reaction to damage and V's presence in latest 1.6 update released few days ago. And was also added few more changes to playability related to sniper rifles makes play little more challenging. I have feeling like they have in 1.6 improved also character model including reactions to light sources etc. This game simply is still very good for relax and having fun when you have just very limited play time. In 1.6 were added also clothing sets (1-6) which changes look only ...kind of transmog and was also added first time official modding support. Story expansion is planned for next year ... imo they worke on this game really hard all the time from the release (not meant as excuse for state on release itself).

• SWAT_OP-R8R Did you tried use of some mods (Cyberpunk 2077 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) ) for this game? I so far only cautiously tests few from newly added mods with redmod support and they have some nice mostly visual results (one which I use allows on ripperdock change tatttos, which is good functionality which is dunno why not in 1.6 changes). I also tested few mods which allow V body modification, but for some reason I found that the best for me fits what is unmodded in game. However there are some nice choices if player want to do such changes (-KS- UV Texture Framework 2.0 - Unique Body Skins for V - With Tattoo-Clothing Overlays at Cyberpunk 2077 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) and mods related to this one)

• I played the game on a 2nd playthrough in January this year.

Back then I used mods.

But nothing that would really change the balance of the game. Mostly stuff that was replacing ugly outfits (the game has many) or stuff that allowed me to switch the look of the cars. One mod that allowed me to change the look of the apartment but that already stopped to work when the other new apartments were introduced, dunno why.

One mod that allowed me to hide stupid hats.

A car upgrade mod where you could pay money to buy certain upgrades for cars.

But thats it.

Most of the stuff probably does not even work anymore on 1.6. When I launched the game yesterday I got an error message listing mods that could not be loaded. Probably need to remove all mods and do a fresh install when ever I have time for that.

Most of the outfit mods back then did replace existing clothes and since Cyberpunk has so much stuff with the same geometry but different textures it usually meant that one new item replaced an entire set of old ones. I think meanwhile it is possible to add completely new items without replacing old ones. I just don't know if the mods ever were updated to support this new feature.

I tried body mods and skin mods and most were not compatible with another. Skin tones of body and arms/legs were different or there were visible seams. Dunno, probably not worth the effort considering that this is a first person game and you can only see V in the character screen or mirrors.

I tried the Metro station mod when it was released and yeah... it was working but I did not really use it. It does in the way it is implemented not add much value to the game. To be honest if it was my decision I would completely change how travel works in cyberpunk.

In my eyes the player should get the option to buy garages and parking lots to store own cars. No instant summon of cars anymore. You have to go to your garages to get your cars and you can only pick cars you have deposited at that garage. This would force players to use a larger variety of the owned cars depending on the region.

The quick travel points should be converted to taxi stations were you can call a taxi and travel this way (without being able to abort the drive) and the metro could instead be used as quick travel. In my eyes that is how the developers should have handled travel in the game. More immersion.

Mods are certainly great in cyberpunk but I dont really know what new stuff was added in the past months. Lots of stuff changes the balance and that can be good but also bad.

In some areas the game is too limiting... in others it is not limiting enough to create the impression of a real living world.

e.g. imagine to get rid of all the shitload of food that you carry around for no reason. Most stuff makes no sense. And now imagine that you instead could go to a diner or something like that can food there which gives you a buff. A snack at a vending machine gives you a short buff.... a full meal at a diner would give you a longer bigger buff. That would be a reason to interact with stuff in the city.

I really like the city, I like the style of the game. I just don't like the wasted gameplay opportunities. This game could have been great if the developers actually tried to put effort in gameplay mechanics.

Not much has changed in the past 2 years. All we got were a few fixes and just recently a few new gigs which added roughly 10mins gameplay value.

By now I would have expected more.... much more.

Cyberpunk only shines with the style of the city and the main story. That stuff is really good. Most of the other stuff is just about ok.

Mods really help here but can only be a band aid.

Damn, CDPR not even has put much effort into capitalizing on Edgerunners. A lousy (ugly) jacket (which looks like 20 other jackets that are already in the game) and a few text messages. Thats it. Wasted opportunities.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I think there was really terrible technical state of the game on release which still have big impact. On the other side maybe is good to keep in mind that for CDPR it was theirs first 1st person type of game and from what I have heard in streams with theirs devs it was really hard nut for crack. There was also really very heavily improved environment in reaction to Vs movement, damage including water etc. They announced distant plans for Cyberpunk 2, so there they may use all what they have learned so far. Below I added few images of costumes for V which are from transmog introduced with 1.6. Btw real modding support also is only now introduced with 1.6 (released only 2 moths ago). This game was released at least one year earlier as should be, but this is well known. For trasmog costumes you only need get any piece of clothing once, no matter if sold, dissolved or dropped, once you had it, you can forewer use it for costumes. Items slots now practically serves only for makig either best stats, or for some special abilities. You can now also during play change hairs, look, tattoos ... most of choices you have during initial char creation except gender.

... I wish that we have not 6, but at least 12 costumes slots, there are now possible make some really nice sets and no longer care about items stats and lvl. Its much better as it was, but one always want to have more ... :)

btw, there is ofc more as only jacket coming with edgerunners including some quite nice new weapons. But imo there must come some more serious modding attempt to make this game significantly better (or maybe is better say changed) and this I think will not come earlier as next year with theirs preapared expansion (should be only one) for this game. And they also announced complete rework of police forces, so it may be really interesting stuff too ...

• Got the weapons yesterday except for two iconic ones which do not spawn. Same bug as with the legendary blueprints 2 years ago. CDPR still has not learned how to do it right.

When I look at how many bugs I encountered yesterday with NPCs then not really much has changed in the past 2 years.
    I actually only was checking the game because of the edgerunners stuff. Specifically since every location in the series can also be found in the game.

e.g. Lucys apartment

Bild_2022-11-07_235850456.pngBild_2022-11-07_235939936.png

Megabuilding H8

The building on the far right side is H10 - Vs apartment.

The place where the gang meets is right next to Lucys apartment in Westbrook.

Davids apartment is in Megabuilding H4.

Kiwi lives on the 13th floor where Regina is located meanwhile.

Rebecca and her brother live in a location where you can find a gig in Watson.

And the apartment Lucy and David shared later on looks almost identical to where V and Judy live at the very end of the game.

Of course Afterlife with Rogue and Claire. Arasaka Tower, various Metro stations, Rancho Coronado, Japantown, Lizzies bar, the location where you rescue Sandra Dorset, Badlands, Pacifica, Totentanz, Toms Diner, the diner where you meet Kerry for a coffee. Lol, so many locations you instantly notice from the game.

Truth be told, I watched the Edgerunners trailer and actually did not want to watch the series. Did not like it at all (just rewatched it again today and still don't like it). Too chaotic, too overloaded.

Only after reading a few reviews I changed my mind and watched the series. Pretty good actually... especially the stuff that happens between the action scenes. Actually I wish more such kind of story telling would happen in the game. Deeper more meaningful storytelling than stupid gigs. Gigs are just meaningless low quality filler content.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• der Elektroschocker, ja

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ja, die hat auch einen "zauberstab"

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• trying to sort out the mod issues after the recent updates

almost got everything working again

there is a script error of a mod I for some reason can not remove.... so... ok... better a script error than a game crash

I can live with that.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I added some more graphic mods and will wait for now if more people will start using Redmod (seems to me as just matter of time). It's for me (as unexpereinced user) much more comfortable and mainly if something not work or works not well, is very easy uninstall it ... as I did in few cases already.

• signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :D it doesn't fully fit a soul of this game but otherwise it looks really great! :D :sehrgut:

• yeah but what is the soul of this game?

If some rich guy wanted horns and wings there certainly will be a Ripperdoc granting such wishes.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• There were quite a few changes to the game with Phantom_Liberty expansion, worth to check, game has changed allot. Link to news: Phantom Liberty - Redstreams - SWAT Portal and Cyberpunk 2077 - 2.1 Update - SWAT Portal.

Just wanted post one nice site introducing guides and info for latest state of the game: Cyberpunk 2077 Guides Master List - VULKK.com (works great on phone too)

and one (I really like how this one look) by player created free interactive map: Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty Interactive Map ... there are also other free maps (google search), and also one old paid map with nice graphic at piggyback, but sadly very outdated. This new linked one have clean simple design and functioning search, could be very usefull for every completionist. And here is related reddit article.

• It's fun to explore the Internet and discover something new for oneself, such as a new interactive map.