Crossfire 2.0 Hovis race mod

There are 48 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hello there !

Glad to sign up to write about this awesome mod !!

Back on freelancer after decade xD...

The race was already hard for me in the vanilla version (i remember to have wasted hours ont this :D). Here it seems to be undoable :/ I tryed with another ship than my dromedary (which I would be sad to leave at this point of the campaign) at the cost of +10 pods...no matter how, still can't manage the race.

So here we are : if someone would be great enough to help me to pass through this *** race please (finish the race, get some more tips than the video below, script something to go over this mission...), it would let me play and enjoy the following :) (and discover the add of corssfire !)

See ya mates

Edited 2 times, last by Aglaglam ().

• jumping on this thread from a development perspective...

whats the actually issue that makes it undoable? too fast?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks for the concern !

Actually it's probably more "almost" undoable. I guess any hardcore gamer could achieve this easily. But being blocked is quite frustrating i must say...

Anyway I would answer :

- speed

- size of rings

- agility of ship

- inertia of ship

- visibility (maybe i have a bad config)

- only one ship to buy at the shop on dublin ; so you must give up part of your shipment for an average ship that you will use only for this quest, or try with a freight ship...

- put an auto save just before the race (soooo boring to wait "4" minutes of video before trying xD)

In a dream, the mission brief in campain (just before the last meeting) should ask "yes" or "no" as it is today, but the "no" answer would consider you achieve it all the same. That way you can chose if you try the race or not, but are not blocked if you can't...

Or maybe go back to vanilla setting/balance just for this mission (about ship behavior) ?

• well, you cant go back to the vanilla settings in such a way since its a global value

but i might be able to add a specific drag value to that region of the system which maybe has similar results

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ok, I just did these changes and specifically on the race track there is a speed limit now

bretonia police is ready to enforce it

policeman-holding-laser-speed-detector.jpg

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Very nice, thank you !

People : you just need to update via the launcher CF.

EDIT : just tryed it. max speed at ~250 ; 10 trials with freighter and finally did it ! Good job dear Swat OP ! :)

Many thanks ; who will pay the fine to the police ! xD

Edited 3 times, last by Aglaglam ().