How to make random missions for a new faction?

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gibbon.

• Hi, mates :)

I try to make random missions to work for a new faction in my mod, but i completely stuck :)

- all is correct in "initialworld.ini", "factionprop.ini", "npcloadouts.ini", "emphaty.ini", "vignetteparametters.ini" (i think), in "X-system.ini" there is a popzone for enemies,

there are mission entries put in "mbases.ini", and at the end in the bar the sign is "too many players accessing job board". The name of the faction is in custom .dll file (i tried to put it in "nameresources.ini" with the same success). I found a tutorial at lancereactor about custom factions and did everything there including placing the faction in the player.fl files without success. Exept a popzone i put a pathzone too, but still no missions in the menu on the bases.

If somebody have an idea how random missions for a new faction work, please post an reply :)

Thank you for the help so far for the mod i can make:

Alexxassa Rubio

• Have a read of this, best guide i've ever seen which explains everything you need to know to sort out encounters, which is where i suspect you might be going wrong. Also make sure mission zones are near to where you are offering missions from, if they are too far away, they won't show up

• getting missions running correctly is next to patrol paths the most complicated crap in FL.

sometimes you instantly get it work

sometimes you spend weeks trying to find the tiny typo somewhere in the files that prevent that stuff from working

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thank you, mates, i think i got a point to fix the missions