Long running scripts

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I'm modifying text entries like this:

"Far Point was at first used by police forces from Tarsus as a safe and hidden place ( a dead-end System) for weapons testing. Then With the revealing of two new jump holes, police interest in this System changed. and It was often used by prison ships captains as a safe and shorter route to the Vega System and its big prison station. With a rising need for material resources, were scanning numerous local asteroid fields began and the commencement of was started building a new station was undertaken. This should have served as a restocking point for local mining operations. However, the finding of a Nomad depot put station construction was put on hold, with it eventually being and sealed. A decision was made to firstly undertake a thorough and deep scan of this System and only then resume construction of providing it was found to be safe to do so."

Its running extremely slowly: a single key stroke entry takes about 2-3 sec to appear on the screen. If I try to highlight the above (to change it to Italics) it doesn't highlight but shows this message after about 30 sec :

"swat-portal.com is not responding due to a long running script"

(there's no problem here as shown by the above)

Can anybody help. Thanks.

PS. I'm attempting to make the changes in a Conversation post when I have the problem …….

Edited 3 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• You used a tablet or smartphone for editing? I have witnessed also slow reaction times on mobile devices...

BTW: it would be better to create a ticket for this issue, as its no crossfire technical problem.

No ……. its a Gaming Notebook with stacks of goodies.

Ok ….. ticketing …… I'll check that out. Thanks. Sorry about that …..

• Usually the page loads for me on my mobile and firefox in less than a second.

Dunno about the problem above. It would help to know what you wanted to edit.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Usually the page loads for me on my mobile and firefox in less than a second.

Dunno about the problem above. It would help to know what you wanted to edit.

What I'm working on is in my first post of this thread. When I try to highlight the 6 lines of text it takes about 2 minutes to highlight. If I then click "Italics" it can take up to 15 minutes to finish; doing the change randomly over the text. If I try to paste the text in the same post (below the original) it takes for ever. :schimpf:

• Im afraid that I can not reproduce this problem.

I have just edited the first post of this Thread, making in green, bold, underlined and strikedthrough within seconds.

have you tried a different browser or clearing the browser cache?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Im afraid that I can not reproduce this problem.

I have just edited the first post of this Thread, making in green, bold, underlined and strikedthrough within seconds.

have you tried a different browser or clearing the browser cache?

Thanks for trying.

• Far Point was a key nomad station for observing human existence. Decades after decades the people from Liberty were put on heavy static electromagnetic field that was slowing their reactions and brain functioning. The Liberty military forces that were stationed in the nearby systems soon got immune to the static field and also start to have tellepatic visions/ideas of the nomad structures. When the war against the Nomads started, and with the help of the Order and The Outcasts, Liberty forces beat the enemy at Dyson and Crossfire Systems, the Nomad forces at Far Point were left alone. Soon the human kommanders took advantage of that and defeated the pests.

Then the new name of the system and the station was given. It meant - "YOU cannot get any further in the war anymore". Station Kommander Greg Vjoren commitioned several interceptor wings to guard the place and equiped the personal with telepatic jammers, so no further mental connection between the humans there and the enemy could be processed.

===============================================================================================================

- Mate i think this is better as a version of the description, and from it you can put ideas also :P

Over and out:

Moesian Federation Kommander in Staff Alexxassa Rubio

• Nice one! I'm just the hack here at CF2.0 Portal Head Quarters: Make the tea, push the pen, answer the phone, read the posts, buy the Vodka for Friday night's smoko, but I'll put it to those in charge who pay my wages and see what they say. Thanks.

• There is only one small container depot "owned" by the Nomads, and Nomads were operating different way (more info about them here), means they did not used things like electromagnetic field to slow human brain. :). Imo it do not fit together with CF mod and this system. There also are not any traces which can support idea that there was held an attack on nomads in Far Point. Description which is used now only suggest that there can be Nomads presence. Nomads also had theirs main base in X-3043 system and they had no need to stay in FP because Tarsus was empty at that time. Tarsus, as also other system around X, were colonised after were Nomads forces defeated and theirs base in X destroyed.

... with this said, there is at least one system around X which have "Nomads structures" if I remember it right, there can fit story written above much better.