2015 Nostalgia Of The Year (or Century)

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• This is pretty much an A++ review...

The Crossfire 2.0 mod is "The One and Only...", that is, when in regard to many of the mod choices available for Freelancer in the year 2015.

Being a former Freelancer pilot of this epic space-bound dogfight simulator (some 14 years ago in a galaxy far, far away), reliving the nostalgic moments through mods like Crossfire has perpetuated the infinite awe that is the aftermath of such genre changing experience. This isn't just a FPS, this isn't just another space simulator, and to call this merely a space MMORPG undermines the complexity and significance of the roles you can take (whether in single player or online multiplayer). The year 2015 has just finished, and replay value mods like this are hard to find, less than a dime a dozen I'm afraid.

Chris Roberts is probably most renown for the highly anticipated "Star Citizen", a new space-simulated MMORPG to be released late 2016. His roots date as far back as 1999 with the original announcement of Freelancer under Digital Anvil. As a former entrepreneur of the Freelancer genre, Chris Roberts himself would be in awe of the game-play that the Crossfire 2.0 Mod effortlessly strives to deliver.

The single player campaign alone consists of 10 NEW chapters (over some 20+ NEW missions), three (3) new sectors & hundreds of new systems, over 50+ new flyable ships (including Battleships!), many new alien races (both friendly and foe), new commodities & significantly profitable trade routes, new level 10 weapons...oh, and did I mention you get to fly on the terrain surface of a few planets!? Let's briefly jump into multiplayer...pirating and looting, system conquest, constructing your own naval space base, epic (and I mean EPIC!) dogfights, and who doesn't enjoy getting wasted on the Swashbuckler, smuggling illegal cargo between spaceports with a parrot on their shoulder?

I've participated in the various releases of this mod since version 1.4, so personally I can attest that the development in the final release of Crossfire 2.0 has surpassed anything I expected from a game developed with limitations in 2003. No detail in this mod is overlooked, from the original graphics getting a beautiful make-over, to the newly created (yet highly original) content, everything seamlessly melds as it should; naturally. The extended campaign is very well narrated, true to the unique & dynamic universe that Freelancer is. In fact, it is so true to the original story, you'll believe you're playing an official campaign expansion! The content of this mod certainly delivers that feeling, from hundreds of new worlds, ships, and weapons, Crossfire 2.0 The Last Stand is the mod to be playing in 2015.

You've spent all this time searching for the perfect space-simulation MMORPG, isn't time you started freelancing? I know this pilot has a pirate ship with twin rum dispensers and a crew of exotic female dancers waiting for me to pour the next round.

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!

• just updaing a bit the numbers:

• Chris Roberts roots date back to 1988 (1990 he released Wing Commander; 2000 he released Starlancer; 2003 Freelancer was released but Chris Roberts was not the developer)
    • there are currently 45 new singleplayer missions in CF (including the bonus missions)
    • we have 4 new sectors (Altair, Sol, Inner Core and Canis)
    • with slightly more than 100 new systems
    • there are totally 341 new ships
    • 248 of these ships are pilotable while the others are NPC ships
    • 3 new pilotable ships will be introduced in January 2016

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thanks for the fact check! Needless to say I was very excited after finally completing the main campaign last night (after many months of technical issues if you recall), and wanted to share my praise on a job well done. Actually, the words "well done" truly undermine the results you've accomplished. The final battle in the Inner Core is epic, great choice on theatrical music for the cut-scenes, and what an emotional ending! Can't wait to see the new ships! Thanks for the sticky too!

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!

• J.J. OP-R8R

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!