POLL: Choosing color for tax and fine messages...

There are 33 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Which color do you prefer for showing tax or fine messages? 18

1. Color 11 (11) 61%
    2. Color 1 (2) 11%
    3. Color 3 (2) 11%
    4. Color 6 (1) 6%
    5. Color 7 (1) 6%
    6. Color 9 (1) 6%
    7. Color 2 (0) 0%
    8. Color 4 (0) 0%
    9. Color 5 (0) 0%
    10. Color 8 (0) 0%
    11. Color 10 (0) 0%
    12. Color 12 (0) 0%
    • You have been taxed for 1.000.000 from pirate "JackSparrow".
      Confirm to pay with /yes or fight, run or die.

Or if you have own suggestions, please post them here, use the bbcode

Code
    1. [color=#RRGGBB]EXAMPLE TEXT[/color]

RR = hex value of the red color
    GG = hex value of the green color
    BB = hex value of the blue color

If you need help choosing a color, you can use the following link and then post the result here: Html Color Codes

signature.png

• holy shit, its pink
    my nightmares come true

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• looks like a revenge, all the pain, all the lost money, all the anger against pirates ... omg, i wouldn't wish that color even to my worst enemy! can we ever take pirates serious again? :D :D :D

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Tax one should be pink (as it seems to be the top result in poll xD ), Fine one should be blue or so xD Red bad CSF, Blue good ASF :D Or, just Pink and Blue(purple?).

Else people could confuse a fine with a tax sometimes o.o

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• In my opinion it is not necessary to make different colors.
    It doesn't matter if you are fined or taxed - you have a problem in both situations :-)

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)

• It does matter in more than a way, you can't differenciate them on a first sight and, like, there are some who automatically fight back when it's cops but pay taxes when it's pirates, or the other way around, and insta fight cops instead of paying.
    There's also the option when one paid a tax and thinks he's safe for 2 hours just to see that freelancer switch licenses or so and fine him lol, and he would think it's hax cus no tax in 2 hours :P Until seeing whichever word is different in that line.

In short, it just makes things simpler and more user friendly :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• It's totally cut & dry pirate tax bright pinkish no. 11
    The cop fine has to be totally opposite bright green or blue
    We need to be able to pick em out & recognise em no matter what action or reaction one takes.

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Cop fine no. 6 or 7 either colour would suit.

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• i would make the same color. the color is just the warning "hey something important happens" and pink is surely a good choice. everything else, if it is fine or tax, i can READ and i do this within less then a second.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

• Well, not all players are pro at reading and fighting at once or whatever else they are busy doing when taxed/fined :) I have no issues with reading n chatting while fighting but I'm thinking about the other 40+ players around.

• imo a ranking order for normal situations while being taxed/fined:

1. u fly around and "suddenly" there is the tax/fine message (and usually this comes not surprisingly if u check chat window regularily). the normal situation then is: "uh, really?" and some discussions :) (ok, depending on the taxing/fining player)

2. u are fighting NPC-s and u get taxed/fined. this usually comes surprisingly, yes. but as long as u get a good visible pink message u will have the time to check who disturbes u and why. because NPC-s are mostly weak enough to let them do whatever they want while u read a book besides :D but, at the moment it just happens very often in such situations that players simply oversee the tax/fine message at all because it is written in small green letter. and this was the reason for this poll and discussion. next to that a player fighting with NPC-s doesn't usually care if he gets taxed or fined. it is simply a disturbance while he was doing something ooRP.

3. u are PvP-ing. but here we have to make a difference between PvP-ing ooRP (i.e. in Arena) or within role-play. getting taxed/fined in ooRP situations is ur own fault because u should do ooRP-PvP in ooRP systems (i.e. Arena). RP-PvP-ing and getting taxed/fined on the other hand is surely annoying, yes. but hey, this is RP too, so the very normal risk. and i doubt that u have enough time to react different on the tax/fine message if there is another color.

so all in all my conclusion is: there is no need to make a difference in colors for taxing and fining. one good visible color such as bright pink and bigger letters are absolutely enough.

• Ok, gonna try this again. When I voted I was only thinking, as some have also said, that it be able to grab your attention if you are in the middle of a S--t Storm. I thought the color was actually Red Purple, but what do I know. I just know that there have been times when the current alert was missed or leaving the screen before I noticed it. Being an old guy, I need all the help I can get! :D :D

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Ok color 11 will be used for tax and color 9 for fine. The player names and tax sum will be a bit brighter as the other text. So sum to pay and whom you need to pay are a bit better to distinguish.
    Currently implementing the changes. Update will be available within this week. Not sure yet, when its ready.

Thx for your votes.

signature.png