4th Anniversary Event

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• For those who hammered away at the Winter event for fun & prizes, Cryptic/PWE have created another event apparently based on the Winter Event template. Here's some of what you have to look forward to:

1000 "Q'mendations" = faction-specific Solanae Science Destroyer, with warp core, secondary deflector and impulse engine. 400 of the 1000 required come from the "Step between the Stars" mission, with VO work by Tim Russ (Tuvok). Remaining Q points needed for the 1000 ship prize are earned in an adventure zone with a daily mission (40 Q's each).

Once the ship is earned, repeat the Tuvok mission again (daily) for additional components of the Solanae set, apparently including a unique console, etc.
    Accomplishing all 3 of the major playable options in the mission allow for a set of Solanae environmental suits for EVA.

Apparently, the Solanae ship will also be offered in the C-Store in late February, but it will be merely a shell to hold additional pieces of the full 8-9 pc. Solanae set; these later ones will only be available on the C-Store. Also, the 3-EVA-suit ensemble will be upgradeable, by trading the set in to the Lobi store, and paying an additional 50 Lobi for each of the 2 upgrades.

There will also be some additional lesser prizes and activities, but the Solanae ship set and EVA suits appear to be the big ticket items. Here is a link to the YouTube video explaing what a huge grind PWE has designed: 4th Anniversary Event

Have fun, but remember, you don't work for Cryptic or PWE!!

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• well,.... that went well...
    login....
    getting spammed by many fleet members which tried to find out how the event is working...
    discovering that its the same annoying q in a box event we had last year...
    getting alot of lag which made the event unplayble...
    disconnect...
    server taken offline...

when they recycle events like these they should probably test them before they crash everything

well... .... ...
    I hate the q in a box mini game... it sux

only good thing is we have a new roster ... still something that i have to update manually... and now with a bit less functionality but the updates probably wont consume several hours each time

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yep, login so far has been a total catastrophic failure. Had some extra time today to grind for the fleet, but it will have to wait until login is possible.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• stupid is that they run everything on one server
    the game server is also the patch server and the server for the gateway
    that can only lead to problems

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• LOL...it was because I signed onto server :P

Edit...I almost made it a minute in game that time!

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

Edited once, last by Marauder: because ().

• well, login definitely took longer than my online time

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I made it in for 5 minutes. Using 1 server isn't exactly smart, 4 at the minimum.

Intel 2.8 Quad-Core / 8 gig OCZ gaming 1066 mhz DDR2 / BFG GTX 295 (x2) / 24" LCD 4000:1 Monitor/ Razer Copperhead / Lycera keyboard / M1 NIC , 1 Intel SSD ( OS) & 1 OCZ gaming SSD , 10k rpm Velociraptor.

Chars: [CFPD]. , [CFPD]G1 , G1.5, G2 , G2.5

Home System: Tarsus

Founder of the Crossfire Police Department, ( [CFPD] ) established 2005. The first Police Department established on Crossfire.

• I doubt they're THAT poor not to be able to at least separate the game server from the patch server...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Actually, I did the "Step Between Stars" mission this morning, and it was more fun than I expected. Even if you don't want to grind the "free" ship through the Academy dailies, the mission itself yields your choice of one of three level-matched Dyson ship components, and a "basic" Dyson EV suit. Also I got one of the new Hirogen lock boxes (I suspect this is the container for the new Hirogen battle cruiser - haven't opened it yet). As an added incentive, the dev's have you flying the faction-specific Science Destroyer in the last half of the mission! It appears to be fully loaded with the gear they have planned for it, so survival of the mission is never really in doubt, though my lvl 35 Romulan captain might have dumbed down the mission a bit. Got to hurry up and get her to lvl 50 before the event is over to get higher-lvl components on the replay...

My rig: i3-4130 Core Duo (3.4Ghz), Gigabit GA-B85-HD3 mobo, 8Gb PC1600ram, Samsung 2x 80Gb SATA RAID, Intel Integrated graphics, 3 optical drives, 23" Asus HD monitor + peripherals

Character names: Centaurian_Alpha & CA derivatives
    Founder: Independent Operators' Consortium (established 2006)

• yes mission is nice
    got the ev suits for all of my chars... and the tripple pack on my main chars meanwhile

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,