Mission 2 unplayable bugged ?

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hey there,

after getting started, i am actually stuck with mission 2 (which used to be easy in vanilla) but now is (after 4 tries) really almost impossible to do.

After having done all the way to the colorado system, King tells me to get position beside the trade line. Done so far. Scanned the upcomming convoi (in which the smallest ship carries the artefacts),

King goes attacking. ("Disable enemies engine")

The point is: i cant get anymore than half of the shield damaged; the pilot flies a **************** course which i cant follow (of course i am not hunting him with a freighter.....);

so everytime i get some damage at him, he goes away and comes back with refilled shields....

I watched some youtube tutorials of the mission (vanilla fl) and everything works as i remember (pilot flies much easier way; weapons DO damage )...

Is there maybe some bug inside ?

• hey,

well, due to my progress in game (just about 1 hour / mission 1 done and a bit of trading), i am just flying the light fighter ship which u can buy at manhatten (not the one king is flying, but the other one)...

i got 2 guns and 1 javeline launcher mounted....by the way, because i am just lvl 3, i couldnt buy anything bigger i guess ? ?

I am not sure if i can leave the new york system when not finished mission 2.....should i start game in sp oder open sp mode ? I think in open sp i cant follow the storyline (which i would prefer) ?!

And by the way; the 1st mission was well; not very wasy but good doable.....so crossfire gets heavy in 2nd mission only ? ;)

Cheers for your help !

• well, did it now; but though i had to be a bit tricky;

i had to start game in open sp mod so be abel to buy a better ship (still very basis, "defender" , but better than the old ones); save game, then restart in sp mode to follow campaign again ^^

not sure if thats the way its meant to be ? i noticed that when starting open sp, all items (loot, weapons, trader stuff; but locations, station etc. as well) are not namend but called als same "ICD" or sth ?!

F.e. is there only "unknown space station, n.y. system" instead of "fort bush, n.y. system" etc. etc.....which makes it harder to plan trade routes etc.....

• hi hunter, in this case, i think you should not or cannot initiate the mission through the open SP as you mentioned above.

for the second part, i guess you have to explore first to get the name of the station etc. normally the map will be empty if you play open SP.

For me, once i completed mission 1, i bought a defender (3 slots lvl 3 and 2 slots lvl 4 guns if not mistaken) and kill some xenos and outcast to get their weapons which for me, quite powerful enough at this early stage.

Well, to kill xenos and outcast is very difficult btw, so i use 3-4 fast refire rate weapons and 1-2 slow refire rate weapon for heavy hull damage.

• If you touched OpenSP, you will be not able play or continue in Campaign. I have bad feeling you will need reinstall CF (this means full FL reinstall, then mod install and activation) to be able play Campaign again. But try first unselect "OpenSP" and after try play Campaign from start (new game) .. if this will work, then is not need reinstall. Such problem was mentioned here on portal only few weeks ago - here