Some of the meanest PC builds around the world

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Zhe Boss.

• So lately I'm browsing the web for stuff like hardware and some of the new-gen rigs. And this is what I came across:

Motherboard
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme

CPU
    Intel i7-3960K
    Frequency: 5.768 GHz
    FSB / QPI: 103 MHz
    Multiplier: 56 x
    Stepping: 9
    VCore: 1.65 v
    VTT Voltage: 1.2 v
    PLL Voltage: 1.8 v

RAM
    Corsair 4x Dominator GTX3
    Frequency: 2476 MHz
    Timing: 8-12-8-27
    Voltage: 1.75 v

Graphics Card
    EVGA 4x Titan SC's
    GPU Frequency: 1076 MHz
    Shader Frequency: Default
    Memory Frequency: 1602 MHz
    SLI: Yes

Power Supply
    Corsair AX1200

Cooling
    KPC F1 Dark

Cooling
    EK 4x Titan-FC-Acetal-NK waterblocks

So I'm really amazed how much money people would spend on their rig. I'd go up to $3000.00 as of now, I would've spent more earlier, but that's just the way it is. Now I'm just wondering how much would you spend on your rig and on what are you running CF/STO/other games related to this forum.

I'm currently running on this setup:

Motherboard
    Not quite sure about this, can't be arsed to find it now (Will update in the mean time)

CPU
    Intel® Core™ i5-2400 Processor
    Frequency: 4.762GHz Overclocked

RAM
    Corsair Vengeance Dual/Quad Channel DDR3 Memory Kit 16 GB

GPU
    nVidia GeForce GTX 580

PSU
    Corsair HX Series HX850 Power Supply — 850 Watt

Cooling
    Corsair Hydro Series H90 140mm High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

• Impressive ... but some configurations selfmade may have bottlenecks and not use all the hardware power, usually follow the various configurations on tom's hardware and that 'a good reference point for having great pc and use the full power of components.
    Not always the top hardware means having crazy performance.

• Yeah, that I know. I've made my config by consulting with Tom's Hardware, so I'm in for good. Also, people that are ready to invest large sums of money in their rigs surely know about safety measures and hazards that come with such builds (You'd need a station next to your house to power such rigs). So yeah, It's all fine as long as people make sure they aren't wrong with anything they make.

• Hello,
    in this matter I prefer to consult my friend who works with hardware and is quite a geek himself - he was also my main source of PC parts for some years :D Now I am helping him to get rare pieces from the cities around where I live.

My own PC is of nothing special performance-wise, but passive cooling is used on all components and HDD is replaced with SSD. The result is high energy efficiency and completely silent operation - that's what I am most happy about :) In fact there is a huge gap between this silence and any "quiet" PC you take, even if the quietest HDDs/fans or water cooling systems are used. Once you feel this difference you will never turn back, and I dare to think this will be the future of home PCs some day.

- Wanderer -

Edited once, last by (IOC)Wаnderer: Please enter the required information for this field. ().