Aliens Escape Pods

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Night-Hunter.

• I have one idea, to have in Crossfire 2.0 aliens escape pods who cost 2 or 3 milions. Imagine the following : Аfter a long battle with alien invaders in there systems you manage to take a few aliens escape pods, and you decide that it is better to sell them, the question is where to sell them. In Dervon. it's good place because for this high price it have to be in place where will be hard to stay alive and to keep your trophy, because there are your enemy,(remember that you have to kill some of them to can go in Inner Core). It can evet to have mission on SP to take some pods to Dervon to can analyze them, like from what there are made, how there communicate with each other, somthing like this. Well i'm not sure if you guys will like my idea, but i just want to share my views :)

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

Edited 2 times, last by Night-Hunter: . ().

• Uhm, most alien ships are actually organic beings/aliens as a whole, like the Savages, Nomads... it didn't really made much sense adding "Escape Pods" into organic beings, what, they "poop" their brain to save their lives ? That's why it wasn't added at once with the aliens.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• :) yes, the idea has merit, and with a bit of POSITIVE thought, could well be improved upon and in someway incorporated. :thumbsup:

Michael, such negative thoughts and sarcasm are beneath you methinks. :thumbdown: especially as you are normally so very helpful on these forums ;)

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting CF2.0, the sequel, and something along the lines of nighthunters idea would help considerably with the RP ethos of the game. I am sure that forlon would relish the idea,
    and concoct a scenario for his roleplay games in MP.

that is my two cents worth.

cheers

Ray OK

• RP is a good and important thing, making money too, and this yes IS an efficient idea for those topics.

But if you didn't notice, this mod is created on keeping the same style, experience and path as the vanilla Freelancer game. That's why the ships actually fit the sectors they are sold in, the folks, the colors and combinations between ships/stations/planets/system backgrounds and even planet landscapes, even though there weren't many enough clean planetary backgrounds art on the internet. No ships from other franchises, like Star Trek flying around, neither godlike stuff, and such. Just things that fit in the common sense.

But some aliens CAN have escape pods, so this idea can work out :) I just took OP's ideas in consideration the first time... not (purposed?) negativism.

So yeah, the idea can partially work out, but it all depends on OP lately. Good luck ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Nice idea :thumbup:

• These alien pods could be a nice commodity, like to sell them at Cambridge University, Ames Research, all those science facilities...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• If OP think same as me this a totaly no go :)

The ships we fight from the 6 races should not drop anything as a escape pod it just doesnt make any sence..
    Be happy the ....... bring there kind of weapons to us..

• dunno yet, what to think actually

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yes ofc we have our own point of view in this..

Maby we can get escape pods that were lost from another explorers of them..
    They capture these escapepods to study human kind like we would with there bodys if we would find bodys from them.. And these pods could worth something but dervon wrong place doesnt fit story to place a prison in this system..

• Mayde you'r right for Dervon, but i give this systems, because for the big price it have to be hard to get your reward. It can be pick some other place for that, but to be hard to get there and hard to keep the cargo because it is a lot of money, several millions for piece :P

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• Maby a special prison in Lintkin, And system dont need to be hard to get to prison becuse if OP decides this plan is good he can make any form of enemy to fly around this prison..

And hard part should be gettin this pod to start with.. Mabye a drop of pods 1 on 30 killed enemys this should not be for getting rich fast but more a honor thing i think..
    To get rich fast there already some ways ingame that can make you get rich very fast so this problem solved already

Still i think maby best to keep it with weapons drop but plan can work out..

• This is what i want to tell. To be hard to get them, because i know that it have already way to get rich, and if it's hard to get them it will be and hard to get rich from them ;)

• You know... for these aliens, an idea that could work for any alien is that in one of like 30 kills (like said above), they drop a "Cells sample", or "Organic Matter", something that could get investigated in Dom Kavash laboratories to understand more on the other Dominator aliens and their pets, and probably discover something efficient against them :D

That would also fit the idea of a "trophy" , so you can keep a honor mark or such, like in the Halo Forward Unto Dawn serie, where Masterchief gives a little piece of the Brute's armor to the student who helped him kill it.

This could work for all aliens, not only those which could have a body to use the Escape Pods.

PS: Dom 'Kavash and the rest of Doms, are "Dom-inators".