FL Hook

There are 25 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Am-Sher.

• Hello everybody.

On the CF server, are clans, with members, etc.....and for example, if someone want join to some clan, must create new char with clan tags now. Yes, all progress will be lost(New char). This server got Fl Hook 1.5.1 i think, is it? But what i´m talking about: when i´ve been Clan Leader on other server, i get permission to rename chars, through command "/rename charname" in game(Fl Hook 1.3.1). After pressing enter, player been just kicked and reconnect with new clan tags. Easy. No progres lost. Here is higher FL Hook, so same command must by available, or just activate it.

Who want join to clan, must create char. Some fighters, when get info, that must create it, may tell no, thanks.

But with rename command? This way is easier and may is possible, that will be more clan members, because new member don´t need create new char and no progress lost and more RP, more fun!

Rate that is much better

Please, if someone knows what to do, advices welcome!!!

Thanks for time and reading...

It is difficult to be asshole, because the competition is too great! ! !

• When you join a clan, you transfer everything from your untagged chars to the tagged chars first, thendelete the old chars.

So the progress lost is time online on those chars, NPCs killed, PvP frags and explored maps. The rest is saved.

Our hook is a different version line than on other servers, as we are doing our own CF Hook specifically for CF's needs. And there is no such command to be activated here.

But that would be a good feature, indeed, not denyable ^^ Though we lost the contact with our old hook creator for a long time, and the new one still has a lot of work to do on it, more important for the server.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• explored maps, npc killed,etc...is very important for me. I don´t want to lost it. That´s why wan´t join to some clan.

Like a feature, is important as well i think, because it´s best way, how to recriut novvices and without losts on char/s

• It's the best way to recruit non novices, as novices usually have nothing/not much to lose :)

It makes recruiting harder though, and also many people decide not to join a clan due to that... it's what damaged Dacia so much as aurel had hundreds of hours online, NPC kills etc.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Is it Michael. But still saying, that rename command be better. For novices isn´t losts. But for someone, who playing longer and want to join? Rename command is winner. As well as, i understand, that now is more things, which are important, than doing renamen command. But will be better to do it and allow CL this feature you know.

• And Huor, he's who has to work on this detail.

I simply told the past and present of it (as you though it was just to be "activated" , but no), not my opinion, until the last post :D

• renaming chars actually is possible for several years but when i was testing it long time ago re-named chars could not receive any messages ingame after that
    reason for that might be a hash code... but to be sure tests are required
    and if we use such a feature then this will done be done by a limited amount of people (AKA GRs) and with detailed logs to prevent abuse

imaginable (and in my eyes better) would be to have a "/tag" "/detag" command instead of a free rename command

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• and if we use such a feature then this will done be done by a limited amount of people (AKA GRs) and with detailed logs to prevent abuse

sure, only GR to have that command and one thread on SWAT "Chars Rename" ...that will be perfect. And only 1 rename char per 6 month, player rights.

edit:
    players can tag all chars but lose rights to ""rename"" for 6 months.

• imaginable (and in my eyes better) would be to have a "/tag" "/detag" command instead of a free rename command

Yes, thats even better. The server could also record our clans and role play. For example, pirates can never be hostile to you if your rp is pirate. If, youre ASF, then the CSF will always be hostile to you. THere are even more possibilities, this can be used to disable rp during events.

meh.

imaginable (and in my eyes better) would be to have a "/tag" "/detag" command instead of a free rename command

Good idea OP. But i saying, that this command isn´t good free. I mean if i want to add tags, just do it. But as well as, Husker idea, block it for six months is good. But add tags, rights for admins,...and Clan Leaders, members....