Inner Core Survival Guide!

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Vishnu.

• Firstly, You should only enter the Inner Core when you are willing to spend hours exploring, and hours leaving if you managed to find a way out.

Notes:
    This assumes you have already fixed your reputation with the Dom'Kavash
    This will help you get to Weth, by avoiding contact with Aliens.

Tips:

• When ever possible you will want to travel with at least 1 other player.

Aliens seem to have a harder time shooting at multiple players.

• You should have this equipment to make your life a little easier.

Advanced Hydroxin Thruster
    Advanced Subspace Scanner
    Advanced Countermeasure Dropper
    [headline][/headline]
    [headline][/headline]

If you are unable to find another player to travel with. Don't Panic! You'll be traveling across the Inner Core like me in no time.

The path you will take

Placement of Jump gates will not be given.
    each system is 100+k from gate to gate, and my best travel time from Planet Cambridge to Weth is 28 minutes 30 seconds. So be prepared for a journey.

• Entering Inner Core system

you will notice the massive Black Hole, Stay away from it! No Aliens in this system so you can explore until you find the gate too Venn.

• Entering Venn system you will notice that you are surrounded by massively heavy rocks

To safely get out of this asteroid field you have two options.

• Use your thruster and head towards the stars. (This is slow, but is the safest)
    • Engage Cruise, Use 'go to' on a planet on the left side of the stars and Enter turret mode. (scroll all the way out, you will be an easy target.)

explore the system until you find the Jormdar gate.

repeat until you are in Weth

Press your Nano bot, and shield battery buttons until you are sure it's clear (rarely you will be blown up by an alien that made it by the defense stations)

• When a group of aliens appears on your radar, instantly turn and directly away from them.
    • If you encounter a cruiser, mother ship and or battleship. Fly up and down and left and right to avoid the fire most effectively.
    • When you do get stopped, use your thruster to get away, while flying in a slow spiral, this should allow you to get away. once your 2.5 k away engage cruise engines and continue.
    • When docking at a gate, make sure no aliens are around, if it's not clear, stay in cruise mode and draw them away from the gate. (Learn to quick dock)
    • Last tip! Once you pass Planet Tarr in Mepther, make sure you say Hi! and wave! :thumbsup:

[headline][/headline]
    If you have any none Jump Gate location questions, or suggestions please reply!

• Thanks for this nice quidebook. :thumbup:

When entering Weth
    Press your Nano bot, and shield battery buttons until you are sure it's clear (rarely you will be blown up by an alien that made it by the defense stations)

It's not needed anymore, in 1.9 the gunboats spawn only when you approach the Ryssk Jumpgate by the tradelane.
    But I really understand your worries remembering how many times I was blown up before taking control over the ship while entering Weth in 1.82. :cursing:

Edited once, last by Cresthen ().

• you will notice the massive Black Hole, Stay away from it! No Aliens in this system so you can explore until you find the gate too Venn.

Dude u just spoil for others with this info.

I remember my first days in 1.8, i had great experience behind me (1,7) so i choose to walk my path alone without asking ppl around.

Guess what?

I've lost 3 days in exploring and trying to figure out how to open/activate Black Hole.
    Here is what i tried miss leaded by sweet words about awesome game play improvements :S

1. To load some anti radiation materials in my cargo bay.
    2. I died number of times in order to figure out right pattern of activation of DK station surrounding Black Hole.
    3. I tried many times to jump through Black Hole directly.
    4. I tried to find out position of secret device, which can open/activate Black Hole traveling.
    5. I tried to do everything which can boost my thinking and imagination til i find out the solution!
    6. I tried to lot a GMG wreck (and ruined my rep)
    7. ...

It is needless to say that i was disappointed when i was able to finally find out this ugly and simple gate? :D

Guess what...At the end i wasn't able to figure out about this gate by my self, actually i refused to believe that this gate is the key for Inner Core and i never tried to dock there.
    Just do dock with simple gate were too easy solution for me in that time.
    My imagination almost killed me, and i were forced to ask someone... at the end.

In one word I failed!

• I think that for new ppl it is still alot exploring (as for example trying found all special objects location ;) ) in hostile systems and also there are hidden small deadly environment surprises, not count NPCs.

... but now they know that it is possible to pass :D and it is as challenge fot them.

• What! why would you think a black hole is dockable?... So many things wrong with that idea.

The point of this nearly everyone I see trying to head to Weth dies, and i sail through effortlessly.

• The point in exploring is to have fun and experience the things, not to mathematically explore everything as fast as possible for the knowledge. Knowledge is good, but the memories as well ^^ The good ol' times everyone heard once...

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• To safely get out of this asteroid field you have two options.
    Use your thruster and head towards the stars. (This is slow, but is the safest)
    Engage Cruise, Use 'go to' on a planet on the left side of the stars and Enter turret mode. (scroll all the way out, you will be an easy target.)

Not needed anymore, the feild is fixed. Asteroids are pretty hamless now ^^

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF