Player battleship docking

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by GodEatGod.

• OK so i used the search function and found nothing related to what i would like to know for 1.9, so here's my problem. My brother bought a battleship from the legendary blood dragon base, while he was stopped in space i had selected his ship and the dock icon lights up so i hit F3 and my AI tells me that docking is denied. Is there something that he needs to do in order for me to dock with him? or is the action no yet implemented?

• You can't dock on another player... Yet. I know, It is sad. I was really looking forward to it when 1.9 came out :3 Looks like we will just have to wait a bit longer ^^

• i dont see the need for such a feature but you can always try to convince me

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Here is my try at it then :P :
    a) ASF/CSF

Fighters dock on battlship. Battlship goes to invade system. Defenders dont know what presents hide inside the BS. Fighters undock and kill defenders. (good RP)

b) Travel

For lazy ppl like me, a fighter can just jump in to a mercenary BS or something and pay the merc to fly you somewhere. It can be a taxi system :D

c) Best feature EVAR

sigsuy.png
    [headline][/headline]
    Need to repair a battleship in Inner Core? Contact me for free repairs!

Crossfire Film Union --> CrossfireFilmUnion

My YouTube --> VishnuCF

• I already know such a feature from HHC, there it was possible and really great to invade Systems/attack clanbases.
    You had do select the Player with a Battleship/Carrier and write /dock in Console. When you died you were respawned at the Carrier, not at your last base.
    That way you were able to move fleets very good and in events (like BS Assault) fighters would not have to fly 40k when they died but were able to respawn and continue defending the BS. That way the BS Assault event here could be much more interesting, because the BS would not only have much firepower but also some tactical component. When the BS died you respawned at the base you were docked last, as normally (except the BS changed system and died there, then you were respawned at some base in the new system)
    The sad thing about it on HHC was that you did not really dock at the carrier but were only ported to it after respawn. I think you could do it better here, OP ;)

So reasons:
    - Feature is great and can be use in many different ways, for example for events, attacks and invasions.
    - Feature is certainly possible to code (seen on HHC, although not perfect there)
    - OP you can show that you are better than other modders and make aperfect feature here ;)

• mormegil: ROFL :D:thumbsup: ... nice try! ... I also like this idea (if possible ofc without damage CF MP stability).

• guess yes, if there is no one else who feels able to code ;D
    There are still things to do. And right now the top priority is to fix all bugs. Although we have been good so far - but the server still crashes now and then ;(
    Unfortunate its xMas time and besides the work there is family and friends. So from my point of view something like this can be discussed for CF 2.0.

Anyway if we are at this point - would there be anyone who would try to code something for FL? Just asking - maybe we can cooperate to get features running.
    Coding knowledge in C/C++ is needed. Dev. Environment is currently VS2005. But as long it is for tools then it doesn't really matter what language the program is written and with what dev env. it was built ;D

signature.png

• fixing the current probs has priority over new features
    and yes... coding help would be needed

we already have some new features on our to-do list and we would like to see them introduced before CF2.0

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Any news about Haegar ?

There are many modders (even in here) but coders are nearly extinct :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• if there are many modders then most of them are hiding
    however, haegar is busy with other stuff

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• They get excluded from the help when you say "coders only".
    At least I know several who edited things in FL knowing what they are editing... heh

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Well "editing something" is not so hard^^
    Even i was able to change my mousecolour. Before anyone asks why: I have some kind of red-green blindness and problems differing them. Therefore i canged my crosshair colour to dark blue so it is visible on green background (parts of s13, omicron beta,...).
    Btw: Whats the difference between modding and coding?