Special event: PHOTO BEAUTY CONTEST, Big prize = 25 +10+5 Mills /November

There are 41 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Greetings everyone,

As the new ideas arrived, here is one of the most profitable ones counting that everyone wins something beautiful, a good collection of screenshots !

Event requirements:
    In-game graphical options from medium to maximum, and to have a working "Prnt Scrn" button :D

Event info: If you make a beautiful screenshot of a place in Crossfire, arrive at the finals of the event, of 3-5 or 10 images(depending on the total ammount of images, the noticeably best of them will be selected for the final part), AND then win the PUBLIC POLL which decides the top eye beauty of a screenshot, wins the big jackpot.

There is also a 2nd place prize of 10 Mills and with over 10 participants, a 3rd prize.

Event Rules:
    The screenshots must be in-game made screenshots, untouched by any editor.
    Must be from Multiplayer (singleplayer has certain advantages on the storyline, also, you need a MP char to get the money :D)
    Only 1 Screenshot for each member can be selected for the finals, you can post more images, but try to point at your Main screenshot from them(like nominating it yourself), whenever before the "Finals POLL" starts, by editing your post.

As in the event info, if there are, for example 20 screenshots from 20 players, only 10 will arrive at the finals, and then will be voted by members, in this case, with 2(or 3, or 1 if there are less images) possible votes at once. (meaning from the 10 options, you can choose picture 2 and 6 at once, this will make voting easier)

That's all, means you can use cockpit view, or turret view, or places where your ship doesn't appear, whatever you can do in-game.
    Yet, as recommendation, it's (usually) nicer to see your ship, in many people's opinions, as they'd like to know which is your fav ships.

Please try to participate in it even if you don't need the money, train your eye skills at choosing the spots for the best shots !
    For your inspiration, only(NOT usable as they are edited):

FAIR PLAY

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 2 times, last by Michael ().

• Afew from somewhere in Altair Sector and Inner Core.
    I like all of these ones for now but would pick number 2
    Sorry read one pic for each person, which isn't a prob. I have also tried to re-size then.

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

Edited 6 times, last by lawmac1 ().

• Well lawmac, it's ok to post more screenshots at once ! But jsut 1 of them will be "nominated" for the finals. Everyone else will enjoy more nice pictures that way.

You can point at your "main" screenshot when you have more, if you like 1 mor ethan the rest, but it's not needed.

By the way, can the resolution be a bit bigger ? It's hard to see the details of a system in 320x240 pixels. If not , it's ok, just recommended.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• im still running with this impressive snapshot:

Edit by
    its a snapshot of an incoming comet (the rocks with the white tail, which fly all over the universe) towards my ship (Nighthawk)
    that was pure skill in timing :D

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Bond: Countign the Event info, it's partially obvious, but good question.

The obvious part is after the "finalist" images are selected, they go on the Poll and people choose. I have a single vote, as everyone else.

The less obvious part is while selecting which are the images which arrive at the finals. The first criteria is that only 1 image / player will arrive, selected by either the player himself if he points at which he wants to be "nominated" at his own risk, if not, me and SA Forlon will select them for the players.

That should be enough, unless many (more than 10 players) participate... by people's opinions, you can tell if it's ok voting between 30 images posted by 30 people, or allowing us(forlon and me) select 10 of them to make it easier for you.

If there are under 5 candidates (minimum of 4 for the event to have finalists) , people will have just 1 option at the poll. If there are more, people will have 2 options, so they can Vote, for example, for image number 2 and 7. Maybe, in any way people will have 2 votes, it's nicer :)

Giorgi:
    Being connected to kinda weak residual internet signal from my parent's workplace(so it's legal, heh)
    I seen "Spoiler" an the first action was to click it, after clicking I noticed "21 screenshots", I was like: omg noez ! I'll get stuck for half an hour !! *spamm clicks again to stop it from loading. xD

btw, will you choose which 1 will represent you ? or we do it for you(the best one in our view, of course)

lawmac1: thanx, that(resizing them) will help you for winning as well, as your idea was nice :D

• Very well, I'll let this one for Forlon as the images aren't loading for me :D I click the spoiler but nothing appears (for my connection, for sure).

• hmmm clicking on Giorgi spoiler not works for me too ?( . ...

• Giorgi: That's very nice Giorgi ! I already seen about 3 special ones in them, to put things easier.

Announcement:
    As there've been several beautiful images participating,(actually, it's hard to find something ugly within CF, hmm, that's a good idea for another event xD ) there is a new criteria at the selection of the images for the "finals".
    Depending on how hard it is to make a certain screenshot, will have extra chances to be selected over others the same of nice.

This, jsut to the finals, remember that the finalist images will be chosen by YOU !

• Giorgy:

fourth picture the most beautiful for me ... real CF feeling :)

• Vishnu: Well well, look who's in deep shit now :D

The first one is a good screenie for the other image event, where you have to find where it is.
    I won't forget that minefield soon, was the only place in my Inner Core run where I died in the Ragna. 900 speed + speaking while driving(private channels) + inertia = full impact xD

I'd choose the first one, has over 2 background effects, looking a bit up is like it's falling mines, and harder than the Sol one (which is where anyone would go for the sun).

Giorgi: I would choose Number 4 as 1rst, and 12th(last) as 2nd image. The picture 4 brings a safety feeling seeing yourself in your warm cabine in middle of a huge spectacular space. The 12th has a lot of effects which arrive to totally cover the black hole.

You agree with the selection ? :)

lawmac1: Your 1rst image has a second special effect, if you notice, at the right, you can see the atmosphere of a huge green planet (in the background color, it's round). So I'd choose that one.

@any, It's possible that soon there will be 2 images/player xD

Announcement(part 2):

The time limit to this event is the end of November(this month), or when we get 10 participants

Edited once, last by Michael ().

• Don't make me create new rules... your 1rst picture do is yours, right ? Tell the truth or I investigate it's source :P

@Any, by the way, remember that this event is to make a nice collection of images, not only for the 25 millions ! (even they come pretty hand afterall ;) )