A dark universe - By John Inflkt

There is 1 reply in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• They took me to manhatten in the first amoured transport available.

The air on manhatten was worse then i remember,but i guess thats what a whole planet of city does to it. I got a message from my old flying buddy, saying to meet him in the dragons den bar. At least theres someone in liberty with some heart.

We sat at the bar watching the vids of the huge alien gates eeriely arranged in a perfect cross. It seems strange that now after defeating the nomads we are going even further. The military dont tell the public much but ive heard my share of roumers.
    "i heard what happended at west point" mark said.
    "thay had no right kicking me out"
    "you assaulted a senior officer what do you expect"
    "He insulted my father" i responded.
    "I wouldve been pissed if it was my father he was cracking about. In fact i think my dad would hook him in the mouth if he heard."
    I laughed."your dad would probably have shot him in the mouth if he had heard what he said"
    He laughed aswell "seems like you got him back though.""i heard you slept with his girlfriend."
    -
    -
    I looked at him blankly.
    "no, thts not what happened"
    "im sor-
    "his girlfriend slept with me"

We laughed and drank our way through the night.

I caught a transport to custodian to see a man i grew up with on the missouri, named Theo Dalma.
    Mark told me hes Blood Gaurd now, big gun. We agreed to meet planet blood. The bar was empty.maybe because it was nearing sunrise, maybe because theo had organized it. I drank cool sidewinder fang, it was far better than the liberty ale manhatten stocks. it coats the throat, cooling,soothing. Who knew a drink could feel so amazing. Theo stormed in wearing a strange uniform i assumed to be the blood gard standard. Whatever it was,
    I wanted one.

We talked about life, college, women, space everything that had happened sice those innocent days on the missouri. Somewhere we started talking about our families.

"Hows your father?" he asked
    i turned away
    "My father is one with the stars"
    "im sorry" he said, apologetically.
    "its ok, he died doing what he loved"
    Then he asked cautiously "what happened"?
    "he was flying through an unknown nomad system. His wing came under attack. They were missing,presumed dead. But heres the strange thing, before they dropped off scanners they were reporting activity, activity of other than nomad origin. They said that the heat signatures from the ship"s thrusters were similar to the standard sirius.
    "so a nomad used our ship? Big deal!"
    "no, nomads dont use ships other than their own.Ever.....but hes gone and so is everything else and i have to accept that."
    We drank in silence.

Then he whispered in a soft tone -

"Ive got a job for you John"

WANT CHAPTER 2? Just a bit of feedback, this was my background story.