Connecting to the server...

There are 27 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Okay, I just got the mod, I tried to download it back in 1.7, it never worked but now it is. I played single player, but I'd really LOVE to get into the server play.However I can't find the server? It seems silly but I'm not very adverse in this. Do I need to download anything else to get the server to even appear? I've been scanning the threads for hours reading and I don't see anywhere that people were having the same problem as me.

I click on play multiplayer or whatnot. I connect to the global server list. But THE server itself doesn't appear? I get a bunch of other servers but when I click them it says:
    "I'm sorry. but a connection could not be established with that server. This is usually caused by a server going offline when you attempt to connect to it. It may also be internet problems, please try again later."
    For every server... but I can't even find the crossfire one to even attempt to connect...

I'm very tired and would like it to actually work for once...

• 2Flopasaurus Rex: Server is down. ..You can check server status here .

• Haha okay then. But now I see the server and it's telling me that I'm in version 1.0.... Yet the menu background says I'm in 1.8 and wont let me connect... -_-

• It looks as you have problem with your CF installation.

First see this ..Guide for re-install Freelancer and install Crossfire ... I have old one core PC with older GK and I play MP without problems. I also after uninstall clean registry and restart PC.
    Second (if you use Vista) look at this thread and read also sticked threads from "Freelancer Technical Prolems".

I also hope that you download last version 1.81 from 25.01.2010. links

• I did all that. I uninstalled and cleaned the registry. Downloaded the FLMM and the crossfire mod from the server website with the links it offered. It still tells me the server is a different version then mine.
    Also, when I play single player, there are a bunch of objects all called "IDS?" and I figured that wasn't supposed to be like that...
    I'm on vista, but these are the only problems... I'd just like to play multiplayer, I'm bored of singleplayer.

Also... haha If anyone can help me on teamspeak, I log on regularly to see if anyone is there, I figured that might be easier then this.

• I think you did downloaded the 1.8.1 version of it.

Well, Vista has some issues arround, even yours is not a common one I could see.
    The IDS bug is something that happened to my portable, but it dissapeared in time... alone :O.

With Vista you usually have to open the installer, and FLMM as Administrator to avoid bugs, yet I don't see why your bug happens, unless it came from not opening the FLMM as admin.

OP R8R is more knowledged in this... as he's the creator of it ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• if it shows version 1.0 instead of 1.8 then you clearly have a corrupted installation of the mod which uses OLD files from the original game

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Cant connect to server (installed fresh Fl / fresh FLMM 1.31 and the crossfire 1.9 mod from your homepage.
    did the entire thing 2x since yesterday and uhm.... i still cant connect (ive looked a bit around your forums but 2 days of searching is enough 4me) to the server(shows i got v1.0 on the right bottom screen and 1.9 crossfire on the left bottom screen -__- and in singleplayer (second choice but what ells i got ?) every second item,ship or equipment i encounter just says IDS? nothing more. pls Help sorry if this is a waste of time or something =(

and 1 more thing i doubt my instalation is corrupt, since there is not realy that much room for failure.

• That wuz fast answer ^^ thx =) uhm i do not know what exactly the activation is i dont think i activated anything =( but tis is the first spot i read about activating something XD i let install run without any message and the FLMM install(activation?) also had no errors .... wonder if this is worth the Hassle

Edited 3 times, last by Shacck ().

• Well ... Ofc i had a clean FL and the FLMM from the crossfire website the 1.13 or something well not the new one and the direct downloaded crossfiremod 1.9 also from that site. And appart from the fact that i did not know you call THAT the activation i did all correct as instructed and it still does not work .....
    my way to solve the problem change server (discovery) sry =( and i realy dont get why that one just worked fine within 15 min TROLOLOLOLOLL !!!

• Well, bad luck for you then ^^

Activation was when you "activate" the mod with the FLMM :rolleyes:

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• It does not really make a diff. weather or not i knew its called an activation does it ... !!?? I activated/installed the mod and it does not work end of story. And cmon the answers here are REALLY not helping, none of them lol ....

• Of course, if you do it wrong, it won't work. It did worked for anyone who actually tried checking the FAQ or other SOLVED issues about CF.

Flaposaurus Rex is on the server. You not.

• It does not really make a diff. weather or not i knew its called an activation does it ... !!?? I activated/installed the mod and it does not work end of story. And cmon the answers here are REALLY not helping, none of them lol ....

What will be ur nick name at server? Jerk or Joker?

;)

• Quoted from "Shacck"

It does not really make a diff. weather or not i knew its called an activation does it ... !!?? I activated/installed the mod and it does not work end of story. And cmon the answers here are REALLY not helping, none of them lol ....

What will be ur nick name at server? Jerk or Joker?

;)

well... wtf ? so your saying it does make a difference if i know the '' installation'' running in front of my eyes is called activation ?(that just makes no sense at all) and got nothing to do with the problem. And just saying '' if you do it wrong, it wont work'' seriously what are you trying to tell me with that Oô? i can only say it again installed freelancer without bug or error or anything .. downloaded your FLMM without bug or error and then installed via FLMM your mod cross fire 1.9 without error or bug message and the only thing you guys have to say to me is ... your instalation must be wrong !?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! nothing more to say .... been playing discovery server 2 weeks now and my freelancer hypes starting to sellte again anyways. and one last thing OMG its not an achivment if Flopasaurus Rex is on the server he posted that shit 1 and a half years ago .... and iam not gonna wait that long jesus

• your desciption of the error really shows that your installation did not work correctly
    missing ids and wrong version numbers indicate missing files

i personally assume this is result from a tool like avira removing these files from your flmm directory prior you activated the mod
    (due to a false positive detection of avira which got reported and confirmed something like that is possible)

if you want to play discovery instead... feel free to do that (it is your loss)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• hey or try use ""search"" instead complaining...there is plenty thread about installation and this ppl trying to help u.

Maybe your problem is quite unique. gl