Send/Don't Send error

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SYNKron.

• Wednesday (24th of February), I played Freelancer for about 1 hour. So, it worked.

Today (27th of February), I launch FL Launcher. File 11 and 30 are being downloaded, and I press START MULTIPLAYER BUTTON. After a few seconds of nothing-happening, I get a Send/Don't Send error (I think/hope you all know what that is). Same thing happens when I try to START SINGLEPLAYER.

What the hell?! What could it be? I did not modify anything in the Freelancer folder until now, and my AVG is kinda inactive, so I can't explain it. Unless... some powerful force such as Luke Skywalker's ghost energetically attacked me... or OP banned me somehow? ^^

• Get into the Task Manager/Processes and see if it's there(The Freelancer running) , if it is .. End it.

If that doesn't help, ..download Advanced System Care(Free Version) for free and clean up your PC. After cleaning it up, restart your PC and it should be ok afterwards.

• Yes, Freelancer is in Task List. Man, after pressing Start SP/MP, the cursor turns into that loading sandglass (Windows, of course), but 5 seconds later it's gone (a.k.a nothing happened) and I get Send/Don't Send error.
    After that, it's gone from Task List, of course, and I can do it again and again and again... so there's no point in ending the app lol.

I tried with CCleaner... rebooted... nothing! Will try your method, and if that fails (most likely?), the last resort is reinstallation?

• Yep it is... the reinstallation, but yu don't have to download it again, so it's jsut the few mins of reinstalling ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Originally posted by Michael
    .....so it's jsut the few mins of reinstalling ^^

good joke

[SIZE=1](ironic....or already sarcastic ?)[/SIZE]

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Right... joke... It'll be : downloading FL (1-150 mins), installing FL (5 mins), downloading CF (15-45 mins) and activating CF (10 mins). Won't be in an instant :) . Anyways... thank you guys.

• I had to! :(

My other PC has a small HDD :D , and I had to make room for BSG... Anyway, I didn't expect FL to fail like that, ffs.

• ... epic xD

I said few mins, cus without redownloading it, it only takes btw 30 and 60 mins max.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Epic (fail), Michael? You're wrong (I wanted to say something like "g.. you *beep*" lol but nevermind).

--

Crysis, you said "Get into the Task Manager/Processes and see if it's there(The Freelancer running) , if it is .. End it."

Well, I run Crossfire. File 11 and 30 are being downloaded, then, after I press LAUNCH SP/MP, nothing happens. The mouse flashes into that sandglass (as in "loading"), Freelancer shows up in Tasks List (in Task Manager), and there's nothing else I can do. I either end it (as you said), and then end of story, I either wait 15 more seconds until I get that send/don't send error report.

• Everytime when you exit from Freelancer, ... the game is still running in the Task Manager/Processes. I noticed that when I was always getting some errors that I can't enter in the game. So I'm guessing you didn't ended it when you exited from FL. But if you restarted your PC and if that error still exists,.. no idea then. If you're running Windows Vista/7 try the Compatibility Mode.( Right Click on the icon/Properties/Compatibility and then run it under Windows XP SP3). Otherwise if that also doesn't help, a reinstalling of the game might help.

• It's XP :) . Btw, I tried that Advanced whatever program you told me (it found a helluvalot registry errors); CCleaner ftw. FL still not working... I guess I'll have to reinstal, darnit.

• I didn't install anything. It's like the PC is possessed =)) .

Anyway, end of story. I'll reinstall FL again... when I'll have time :( .

• Well, why people complicates their lifes with Vista, seven and stuff... Windows XP works so great with everything at a major speed ^^

Originally posted by Michael
    Well, why people complicates their lifes with Vista, seven and stuff... Windows XP works so great with everything at a major speed ^^

Sadly, Microsoft forces manufacturers to install Win7 on new computers (previously Vista). The vast majority of PC users do not install their own OS... they use whatever came installed on the PC.

However, I agree with your intent, Michael. If a PC already runs XP, then there is very little reason to "upgrade" to either Vista or Win7.

The only good argument for Win7 is that 64-bit drivers are common for Win7. So the combination of Win7 x64 with lots of RAM (more than 4GB) is a step forward. Otherwise, as you say, stay with XP.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who do not.