SAVE FL - Collecting ideas

There are 57 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gearhead10.

• Hey all,

I still haven't forgotten about my previous suggestion RE: retro gaming mags/forums. Unfortunately work commitments mean I barely get time to play at the moment never mind calling round/pitching to them.

For those of you who didn't see the original, the idea was to approach the retro scene with a spec email/call, and send info with screenshots etc. Originally this was for Crossfire only, but it could just as easily apply (and might be more likely to be published) if we approach as a whole multiplayer scene across FL.

What we'd need is a short description and a couple of screenshots of all the major mods. This could then be used to pitch to the target who would then run the story in print or online (knowing most journos, under their own name, but that's not the point.)

Massive exposure and new players should follow.

I actually work in marketing and have dabbled in journalism, so when things quiten down workwise I'll be happy to take it on. However, if anyone wants to start the ball rolling please feel free, or if you want to get anything together for one of the various mods and send it to me directly then email me at sun_sear@yahoo.co.uk (profile email not working and unable to change.)
    Same applies to any tweaks or suggestions you may have to the above gameplan.

Thanks all.

Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
    BG_Rawnjai

• ok we will give it a go as soon ive a bit more time

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• My thought was not on what's in the game but how it is played on different computer systems.

I have a Matrox triple screen system that is used by hundreds of software products, flight sim being the biggest. Having that wider field of view is AWESOME!!!

Improving the graphics, backgrounds and outside views in flight make the game more realistic.

Landing on planets under pilot control is much better that the auto-pilot used by Freelancer. I know it can be done, I've seen it in one Crossfire system - almost. The planet landing through the docking rings brings you out to almost the ground and you fly most of the way to the port. Not good enough.

To play an expert game of Freelancer, give controls for either auto-landing or full pilot control. The number of crashes will be high initially, but we will learn and appreciate the landing difficulties of going from zero gravity to gravities from .5 to 2.5.

And one more thing...make the bribes selectable to what we need or want and not random stupid bribes to something that is so far out there that we have to look up to see who the bribe is for. Change the level of bribes depending on how much you want to spend. For example: 10K for a little bit of help and 100K for a lot of help...or something like that.

Think realistic!

If I went into a bar, I'd want a drink first, then a companion, then a shower and then food. Business comes after I had a little bit of rest and relaxation. Heck, I'd pay credits to watch a Gondork pork a Feldman - just kidding. Think about what traders, pirates and soldiers want in their ships, stations and home bases.

Look at the Protostar game. Crewmembers! What a concept. Medic, engineer, cook, avionics tech, weapons expert, cargo master and astro-navigator. Maybe a pet or two. Even a deadly pet like Flinx has. Don't know Flinx - read Alan Dean Foster, SiFi Writer.

There are so many ideas that Freelancer could go on forever. Its not like there is no one playing the game anymore.

Upgrades to the Single Player brings Multiplayer folks to the clans! Believe it!

• Hi Guys, I'm new here, have played Freelancer for years just single player, love the CF mod!

To help promote Freelancer, there are sites that sell older games, GOG.com got me into Darkstar one, and back into Freelancer. they send out emails advertising specials. contacting some of these sites asking them to carry Freelancer and advertise the mods could be a way to bring in new players.

Links in other game sites would be another way.

Build Freelancer 2 would be the ultimate!

Just thinking out loud.

Flydog

• and im still waiting for actions to happen

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Nvr mind that.
    Well i have never seen ads of CF.
    Any1 that can do that?
    U know....i have seen ads of disco in different places but never of CF.
    Most people use the disco mod by looking at the ads.

meh.

• well yeah... im still waiting for results

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I would like to see Energy based torp,s and more equipment for battleships,

More stuff to get in the Dom'Kavash systems .

Otherwise it is an -pretty mod so far

• I'm New, always loved FL but it makes me kind of bored the way a liberty Heavy Fighter cant Cope with a Rheinland because of its powercores. armor and weapon class, i would love to se a rebalance of ships, and some shis similar designed (like a pirate VHF, a Bounty Hunter Freighter, a Corsair Freighter, Bret VHF, Kusari VHF, the Liberty already have a good one, and so ...civilian freighters and some buff on starblazer (more manouverabilty, but less firepower and cargol than eagle so our dear xenos and Gaians can have some fun too) cargo sizes that are compatible with the ship size and maneuverability

Power cores upgrades are already avaliabe, with a little editing it can be made to make a defender fight hand to hand with a valkyrie or maybe you can finish the game using only your Starflyer why not: it would add some degree of freedom
    maybe ship upgrade kits to level it to it's similars

i would participate in this modding and calculate, beta test and everything

i'm very good with maths and this month i will get some 3d model classes

• Welcome to SWAT, home of the CROSSFIRE mod of Freelancer :)

Dear Tirapelli, a lot of what you`ve mentioned already exists in Crossfire. If you find the right upgrades for power, shielding, thrustering a "standard" npc Valkyrie will be Fast Food for the upgraded Defender:D .

Also there are new ships en masse in every class and for every taste - of fighting as well as their look. And you know what ? Even the npc factions are flying them ... just wait until a Samura Komodo Dragon comes after you :vinsent:

THX a lot for your offer of helping, but atm we ARE already in massive beta testing of the server software (Single Player IS already finished).
    However, I would recommend you just TRY Crossfire for a wee while ;) , in single player mode, if you wish, or in multiplayer mode, what the mod is intended for in the first place.
    Do what a Freelancer playing Freelancer is supposed to do : EXPLORE - and there is a damn awfull - and awesome lot to explore.

HAVE FUN ... and maybe ... hopefully ... ya in space M 8 :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• What were your opponents ships ? Other Heavy fighters or ... VERY HEAVY FIGHTERS :D
    (Wanna make a lil test ? You in Valkyrie, me in Thanatos :D )

However, the point was :
    FIRST explore, what CF already has to offer, THEN think of wishes, proposals, cchanges ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• i'm still playing the SP campaing, i played Discovery sometime ago, i still didn't find where to upgrade the ships armor (but found powercore) and can't wait to fly a bloodhound upgraded to shoot lv10 weapons

after my 3d(solidworks) classes i will design something

• There are some hints and tips in the Wiki - Crossfire that will guide you to locations of various upgrades.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock