News categories list

Jun

It’s almost time, Captains. Next week, Victory is Life launches on PC, bringing you back to the characters, locations and stories of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine for the first time in 25 years. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is one of the most beloved Star Trek series in history, but we know it might have been a few years since you’ve watched the entire thing, and you might want to catch up before Victory is Life launches. We’ve got you covered – while you don’t need to have seen any of these episodes to understand Victory is Life, watching them will give you a bit of extra context that might make the expansion that much more meaningful. Without further ado, here are the episodes the Star Trek Online developers recommend you binge before Victory is Life goes live: Season 1 Episode 13 – Battlelines Season 2 Episode 26 – The Jem’Hadar Season 3 Episode 1 – The Search, Pt. 1 Episode 2

Jun

Though the troubled times of the Dominion War are in the past, the repercussions of that tumultuous era are still felt to this day. Even now, with even larger threats looming over the region, iconic starships from the fleets of those days can still be found aiding the efforts of the heroes of the Milky Way. Both of these starships feature unique combinations of features never before seen in Star Trek Online, which we’re excited to be able to highlight. The Jem’Hadar Light Battlecruiser [T6] will be the first ship to ever feature two (2) Commander-Rank bridge officer seats, including a rarely-before-seen Commander-rank Universal bridge officer seat. It still has the same total number of seats as other T6 starships, but this unique configuration should offer players some interesting opportunities for ability selection. The Maquis Raider [T6] will be a full-featured Miracle Worker Primary

Jun

Vintage PC Ads

has unearthed a really cool Privateer advertisement that we may not have seen before, but it has some striking similarities to a couple of other contemporary ads that were launched about the same time. The text starts off "In 2670..." which is a

common

issue

dating back to some point before they cemented the game in 2669. Confed and the Kilrathi are "still at war" here, whereas "the war rages on" in

other

publications. We've seen "death, slavery or dishonor" elsewhere, but this text changes "a chance to make a quick buck" to "chance to make a fat living." Fascinating!

privateer_stillatwart.jpg

Jun

May

Aegis has announced that its Eagle Eye initiative is proving to be a great success, and has helped to repel Thargoid forces from systems in the Pleiades Nebula.

The Eagle Eye orbital surveillance installations were established earlier this year to monitor transmissions from known Thargoid surface sites. This data is then made available to independent pilots.

In an interview with The Federal Times, Admiral Aden Tanner remarked:

"I have no doubt that without this surveillance data, more starports in the Pleiades would have been attacked and damaged. Only last week, Thargoid incursions in the Lwalama and Lalande 4141 systems were vigorously resisted thanks to the early warnings provided by Eagle Eye."

"We all owe a huge debt of gratitude to those brave Commanders who have engaged the Thargoids in battle. Aegis was established to help protect the galaxy, and with the help of courageous members of

May

Following Thargoid strikes on the fringes of the core systems, a new initiative to restore damaged starports has been announced.

Chief administrator Carter Armstrong spoke on behalf of Aegis Core, which is coordinating the campaign:

"We've set up this fund to reassure citizens that normality will continue, no matter what. I would like to appeal to the galactic community to restore services in the core systems to their previously high standard."

An open order has been placed for construction materials, which will be shipped to the affected starports and used to make repairs. Pilots are asked to make their deliveries to Dantec Enterprise in the Socho system.

The campaign begins on the 31st of May 3304 and will run for one week. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the campaign will end immediately.

May

Los Chupacabras have announced that their plan to host a music festival in the LFT 926 system has been enthusiastically received by the galactic community. Scores of pilots supported the initiative by delivering commodities to Meredith City, the organisation's base of operations.

Los Chupacabras thanked those who supported the campaign, and confirmed that a second festival is already being planned.

Pilots who contributed to the initiative can now collect their rewards from Meredith City in the LFT 926 system.

May

The Autocracy of T'iensei has announced that its campaign to clear the T'iensei system of agitators has been a success. Hundreds of pilots responded to the appeal, taking to their ships to eliminate the criminals operating in the system.

Authorities in T'iensei have extended their gratitude to those who participated in the operation.

Pilots who contributed to the initiative can now collect their rewards from Dzhanibekov Port in the T'iensei system.

May

May

"Reunion"

Odo and the young Jem'Hadar haven't gone very far past the wormhole in the Gamma Quadrant when a Dominion patrol ship neared. "Well, you've been waiting all your life, short as it may be, to meet your people,” Odo said to his traveling companion. “Now, you'll get your chance. I hope," Odo paused, looking for the right words, "I hope you'll be happy." "Are you sure you want to go back to the station,” the young warrior asked. “Don't you belong here? Your people are here – you are a Founder!" Before Odo could convince himself, again, that he made the right decision, the other ship hailed them. He sighed, "On screen." A female Vorta appeared, "Greetings, Founder. Did you change your mind? Are you coming home to us at long last?" "I see word of my existence has made it throughout the Dominion. Hmph." "It’s best said that such information is at a ‘need to know’ status, Founder.

May

Greetings Captains, Tim ‘Suricata’ Davies here! One of the highlights of my job as a marketing artist is when I occasionally get to work on the Okudagrams for Star Trek Online. Back in 2014 I created the MSD for the Voyager bridge, and over the years I helped out here and there, such as with the Engineering LCARS for the Galaxy class interior and, more recently, with the huge array of Cardassian panels on the DS9 revamp. With the upcoming Expansion ‘Victory is Life’, it seemed like a good time to take on a side project I’d had on the backburner for a while, a new Defiant MSD to give out as a poster at our conventions! I’ve always been a huge fan of the Defiant so it was great to finally get around to working on this poster. Instead of just releasing the wallpaper though, I thought it might be interesting for some of our players to actually see the process that goes into creating these

May

The Ferengi have seen the return of the Dominion, Odo, and the Hur’q as the opportunity of a lifetime. Using Gamma Quadrant supplies and Ferenginar’s own munitions factories, they have come presenting a medley of new armaments for the Alliance’s disposal. Not surprisingly, the Lobi Consortium has also joined in this cause and brought the fruits of their endeavors. The following are some of the brand new items in the Deep Space Nine Lock Box – Holographic Deep Space Nine Bridge Officers to join your crew and away teams. A Vanity-Only Ferengi Shield, allowing a player to take on the visual look of classic Ferengi ships, capable of dropping from the Weapon pack. A Lobi Hunter Ground Set based on the Tosk Hunters in the DS9 Episode, “Captive Pursuit”. Ferengi-Inspired Outfits Based on the attire of familiar DS9 characters, see below for more details and images. The Deep Space

May

May

May

May