Linux and Crossfire 1.9

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by utrack.

• Hello to everyone. I'm a linux user and i have a slight problem with the audio...when i entered the game it seems i have some kind of stuttering on the audio when people talk on SP.
    Can anyone tell me the cause for this?
    Also this is probably a stupid question and a lazyness on my part to search for it xD but how do i set up the ip for the multiplayer? When i entered on MP i get the "connecting to global server" message and nothing more. Thanks in advance for any help given :)

• There could be some help here WineHQ Bugzilla – Search by bug number assuming you run Windows (probably XP !?) on Wine, but you didn't tell.
    Here's a list of Linux distributions tested WineHQ - Freelancer 1.x

Usual there's no problems connecting to global server. Firewall issue !?

You are the first I have heard of using Linux OS - just telling you that getting help can be difficult, if "funny" things appear.

Hope this helps

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Thanks for the reply:D .The problem might be on freelancer.ini since the server settings are there. The audio static doesnt really bother me since i have it only on space on docking and stuff like that, i fix it later xD...and yes im emulating in wine windows XP.
    My freelancer.ini is like this on the listserver part:

[ListServer]

;;;hostname = localhost ; Your local machine
    ;;;hostname = FLListServer2.dns.corp.microsoft.com ; GUN server in Austin
    ;;;hostname = 131.107.135.190 ; GUN server in Redmond
    ;;;hostname = 212.227.23.76 ; Crossfire Server Germany
    hostname = gun.fllistserver.com ; GUN server in Redmond (DNS entry)
    port = 2300

It is suppose to be like this? Because i think it's very weird having the microsoft server there since it is closed like 5 years ago xD.

• Hmm yeah so it seems...maybe the workaround works but didn't change the configuration of the ini file..can you tell me the correct configuration that you have in the ini?

• I notice now that i have those gls_workaround files..so probably the ini was not altered as it should be...so probably with your configuration on the freelancer.ini file i can put it to work :D

• Hmm well i suppose i can add all the dlls necessary to system32...but i dont know their names :S .
    Also if the freelancer.ini is not correct i need to correct it...i just need the file/configs from someone. Already add libcurl.dll to system32 and already fix the audio.

Edited once, last by Nhull: Update ().

• No luck with libcurl there...i have curl installed last version and all the libs, even the 32 bit libs...I'm kinda "pushing against a wall" here xD...any ideas?
    It's the first time i had this kinda of problems playing a online game in wine...im curious now to know the solution ^^

• you can try to use dependency walker to check whether further dll are missing. But i cannot say if it runs under wine and what the results might be.
    You could also try this here: fllistserver.com • Freelancer List Server Project • Freelancer blog » Sticky: How to use the new Freelancer listserver

But like told, no idea if it would be sucessful

signature.png

• A quick doubt...when i installed a "fresh" freelancer, should i install the patch 1.1 or does not make any difference?

EDIT: I think im close to discover the problem..when i start crossfire SP he creates a second EXE folder (EXE2) and after that if i exit and start MP he gives me "cant start Multiplayer E7" and delete more than half the file in EXE2..and then if i try to start SP again i got the same message..but if i delete the folder SP works because he creates again the folder..basically SP works fine if i dont start MP xD..any idea what might this be? xD

Edited 2 times, last by Nhull: Updated info ().

• I dont have a firewall in Linux neither in wine..i already did port forwarding to those ports..this is strange...
    I did a second installation on Windows (another laptop) and install the patch and the mod..then i copy it straight to linux..but still no dice..I'm waiting for my father to test the game on his laptop since the other one that has Windows installed doesnt have a graphic card capable of running Freelancer xDD (to old)

Edit: Haa i forgot..the freelancer.ini is exactly the same in Linux and in Windows no change whatsoever..and the files are the same to

• It seems in Windows is working...hell i even boot it from a pen and works well even with limited memory xD.
    I have a new lead tho xD...

fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsW RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!

This appear in my debugger...so probably if i fix this things will work :D
    I just have to find out how xD

• Yeah its the DLL alright...i fix the error putting rasapi32.dll to native in wine. Still cant connect and i got a new error

fixme:service:EnumServicesStatusW resume handle not supported

I suppose there are some dll I dont have...but from that message above im guessing wine does't support Ras...still i will see if i can find some info on that

• rasapi requires:
    - msvcrt
    - ntdll
    - kernelbase
    - advapi32
    - user32
    - kernel32
    - ws2_32
    - crypt32
    - ole32
    - rpcrt4

and a few others. So there are some dependencies (dlls) that you require in order to use the rasapi...
    Maybe you should look for that package for wine: Ubuntu – File list of package wine1.4-i386/precise-updates/i386

signature.png