Sirius Sector Map and Region Listing

There are 64 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• This is possible not new but it has come to my attention.

There appear to be anomalies between what is shown on the Sirius Sector Map and its regional systems listing. Maybe this because neither accurately represent CF2.0.

However, here's my list of anomalies:
    1. Cube Arena is not shown on the map and I assume has been replaced by Hive?
    2. Far Point is part of the Crossfire Systems and not part of Edge Worlds as shown in the region list?
    3. Alaska is part of the Crossfire Systems (sequel) and not part of House Liberty as shown in the region list?
    4. Omega 11, not shown in the region list but is part of Border Worlds?
    5. Tau-37 is part of Hispania and not part of Border Worlds as shown in the region list?
    6. Omega-41 is part of Edge Worlds and not part of Border Worlds as shown in the region list?

All possibly superfluous, however ..... :P

• Hi! Wombat
    MP is for you :) :)

Mission 1

New Cha, check News, if the weather is bad, as it clears, take the Starflier as is and go and loot the Ragnarock in Death Valley fly to Neutro and cash in the Chip

Buy The Black Eagle and Best Equip @ Planet Blood then Go Hunting :) :) Good Flying Pilot

if. The Chip has been Looted you get to try again :) :) next day

if. You loose the Chip - All is Not Lost - Monoc or Planet Crossfire and Buy the Dromedary and turn this Cha into Trading Entity - Trade up in Custodian or New York or Both and eventually Pay off the Zoners and the Junkers Bribes and Loot at least 2 or maximum 4 = to half or one of the Navy Depots @ Planet Granu - This should have Neutralised All of Sirius - When you have enough $ Buy your SolForge Train :) :) Good Flying Pilot

if. This Cha ended up as The Trader for You - don't give up - Start a New Cha and Redo Mission 1 - until you are a Hunter :) :) Good Flying Pilot

Mission 2 is in the Making :) :) Good Flying Pilot

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Alaska should be originally hidden liberty system (freelancer). I can do updates, but want be sure to move things right :) (and ideally only once)

• Ring, while your advice seems to be a bit offtopic, you also forgot to mention about Tour de Universe... a good source of cash for just flying through systems. I always hitch a couple of systems for my new chars if I can, not necessarily completing the tour.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• sorry I realised the way I ended up doing my reply it does look off topic

but I had problem with my mouse and I accidentally lost the original reply
    I agreed with Wambats final comment about it all being superfluous etc....
    you are right in what you sai about the tour, I like to catch whatever part I can, even if one can't finish it, so far I have finshed it once and that felt good, it was fun.

I hope Wombat tries my suggestion I was hoping to get him into MP because the game can be played in so many different ways and it can be as peacfull and as exciting he might say violent but its all what you or one self want to make of it.

and if you learn to get the chip you can set up the best possible ship you can get your hand on and that gives you the best chance at dealing with any size NPC and have some fun instead of getting shot down all the time.

you end up going further in exploring, mapping and recrding with a good rig upfront.

it is a bit harder to get around but it can all still be done trading and exploring, one just need to the danger zones untill at least all of Sirius is neutralised, then exploring and recording can be donne at one liasure.

it's never going to be completely peacefull, because then it can get a bit boring after a while.

that's why one should have at least one Cha set up to hunt and one to trade in an as peacefull universe as can be arranged. :) :) Good Flying Pilot. :) :)

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• Well, I can't really say anything about MP now, haven't been on for a long time.
    Still, I've edited that page, added Omega 11 and moved Far Point from Edge Worlds into Crossfire Worlds section. Though Far Point, as it turns out, is in Lexicon's Edge Worlds section despite only being connected to three other Crossfire worlds.

• @Ajay pls summarize all needed edits in wiki, will take care about it next week.

• Well, look at the original post, that's about all. Besides, I think we need articles on Hive, Epsilon Eridani and Tau Ceti.

• Ajay I assume you mean my original post. If so, I can't categorically be sure to its accuracy: hence being listed as a series of questions. I think its up to others more knowledgeable than myself to validate. However, IMHO, I do believe its worth doing. Currently I have developed my own map which includes all systems and all the sectors, together with almost all the Jump Gates and Jump Holes connecting every System. It doesn't have the presentation detail one see here a SWATPORTAL but its easy to follow. I might post it here sometime once I've finalized it. As for MP ....... I'm thinking about it. I used to fly a F16 in Falcon 4.0 and the F22 in ADF/TAW both in MP. had all gear to: Thrustmaster, head mounted camera, intercom, etc. But it still didn't stop me making holes in the runway when trying to land ..... ;(

Edit: Just great to see that changes can be made. :thumbup:

• summarize all needed edits in wiki

Here they are:
    Omega-11 is absent from the list altogether, should be in Border Worlds section.
    Far Point would make more sense if put in Crossfire World category.
    Cube Arena no longer exists and should be marked as such (for example: Cube Arena (Removed from 2.0))
    Alaska has been a part of House Liberty since vanilla, no changes needed here.
    I am not sure if Tau 37 and Omega 41 should be listed as Border or Edge Worlds. IIRC those were Edge Worlds in vanilla, no? So far I left them where they are, in Border World section.
    Hive is not listed, should be either in Crossfire Worlds or Hidden Systems.

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• Hive added and Cube Arena removed (it stay in lexicon with updated text). I've also updated Arena system included map :) .

• :thankyou:

Quote from Folon

Hive added and Cube Arena removed (it stay in lexicon with updated text). I've also updated Arena system included map .

Great response and associated action. :thankyou:
    However, still unresolved:
    a. Adding Omega 11 to the regional/alphabetical list.
    b. Maybe re-categorize Far Point away from the Edge World region and move to Crossfire Systems region? That's what I'm reading. Its beyond me and inappropriate for this novice to comment.
    c. Determine the best (correct?) regions for Tau 37 and Omega 41. Is it the Border or Edge Worlds? Its again inappropriate for this novice to comment. I'm just seeking to get consistency between what the Regional List says and the Map shows. Its to the contrary at the moment.

Thanks

Edit: I've also become aware how different SP is to MP. =O My input is for SP and its effect on MP is beyond my understanding. However I do understand MP must predominate and SP adjust accordingly.

Edited 7 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• Lets hope that all changes are now applied correctly :) (Ive updated also some lexicon entries)

• I'll check now. If not ........ sing ken ken :hust:
    Edit: Sorry! "Sing ken ken" is Balinese for "No problems". I'm in Bali at the moment.

Edit2: Interested to see what Ajay says ........ :whistling:

Edited 2 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• Ok.
    1. As loosely recommended by Ajay, I'm suggesting Omega-41 taken out Border Worlds and moved to Edge Worlds to join Tau-37.

2. As recommended by Ajay, I'm also suggesting Omega-11 be allocated to Border Worlds. (Its is currently shown in Edge Worlds.)

3. The Map be updated to reflect all changes made to the Regional Listing as follows:

a. Omega-11 added and regionally colour coded Border Worlds.
    b. Omega-41 and Tau-37 be regionally colour coded Edge Worlds.
    c. Hive be added and regional colour coded Crossfire Systems.

4. There's heaps of other things missing from the Map in regard to JG and JH, however that's maybe another issue for consideration after full exploration of all systems which I am hoping to complete in the near future. ;)

Wombat out.

Edit: Sorry, the above reads a little strong. X( Its not meant to be. Its just I've got a rather blunt way of writing sometimes. :rolleyes: It must be the ex-teacher in me. I mean no harm. ;)

Edited 3 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• Well, I did some edits but it needs too much time. I need rethink this whole thing bcs do change on three different places is not going easily. For these colours changes in map dunno, I would like have some external link to "hispania systems" as reference before I will start do such changes. This picture I think was drawn by OP and there comes system colours. .. Outcasts also have base in Tau-37 so it make sense it is part of "Hispania_" (hispania_ is part of Edge worlds). I also have one another map which also have Tau-37 in pink color ... so reference please.

Hive is missing on map which is interactive (move mouse over systems) and do update on it will come later.

Edge worlds and Border worlds now should match original freelancer.

p.s.: I need system maps picture in 581px × 581px (without letters and numbers) ... omega41.jpg If I have updated map in this size, I can update wiki with them ... there are atm older CF version maps for many systems, amount of changes done in 2.0 was huge. ... I think I used such trick to get these maps: ALt-TAB from game when was opened system map and returned ... it is more years ago when I did these things, so sorry if this info is not correct.

• Thank you for the great response. I had assumed (wrongly) you had complete, all conquering access to the Sirius Map (with its active nature). Now I know better. Ha!
    I'm more than happy to provide you updated maps for systems where we are without. Its what I enjoy doing. I use "MS Paint" to record them and I could send these to you, in batches of 10 .... 20 .... say, in your requested format .... as I journey thru the Sectors. The Sirius Sector being the obvious sector to start in and maybe update the map for Omega-41 as an exemplar for you to approve, request changes, whatever.

Yes ...... time is an issue: IMHO don't lets waste it trying to make changes to Sector Maps for which we (you) don't have a complete understanding, easy access to, in trying to make changes speedily.

I can update current system maps as I also use the ALT TAB trick in Windows Mode.

Again IMHO, The interactive Map is not important providing I have:
    1) an accurate, interactive Regional Listing,
    (2) a non-interactive Universal Map showing all sectors, systems in each sector, JG and JH. (I'm currently developing the same).
    With these two things, it works for me.

Sorry starting to ramble on ....... <X

Working on updating system map for Omega-41 now ......

• Good, send me please just one system map and I will see if it fit and how to work with it. We solve details on one sample and then we can proceed to more updates for wiki/lexicon :) .

p.s.: I tend to keep Hispania_region for three systems: Tau-37 (this one need to be edited) <- Omicron Alpha -> Omicron Beta as Outcasts were a "house" with theirs own sleepership which arrived to O_Alpha. All these systems belongs to Edge Worlds so it I hope should be acceptable.

Problem with updating is linked with two different system used on portal for store these informations: first is lexicon which can be edited/updated by portal members and then it is wiki section which is accessible for updates only for super-mods and admin. There is also more cross-references which are not making things easier when you want edit them :)

• You wrote:
    Good, send me please just one system map and I will see if it fit and how to work with it. We solve details on one sample and then we can proceed to more updates for wiki/lexicon .

Me say: :thumbup: Sorry. Fell asleep on bed. (Bali is hot). Will start soon and post.

You wrote:
    p.s.: I tend to keep Hispania_region for three systems: Tau-37 (this one need to be edited) <- Omicron Alpha -> Omicron Beta as Outcasts were a "house" with theirs own sleepership which arrived to O_Alpha. All these systems belongs to Edge Worlds so it I hope should be acceptable.

Me say: How can the three systems be shown in two regions of the Regional Listing?
    Oh! wait a minute! Its maybe really one region (Edge) and one House (Hispania)?

You wrote:
    Problem with updating is linked with two different system used on portal for store these informations: first is lexicon which can be edited/updated by portal members and then it is wiki section which is accessible for updates only for super-mods and admin. There is also more cross-references which are not making things easier when you want edit them

Me say: Right. I assume I could handle the lexicon edits/updates as a portal member, providing it was maybe vetted by you first. It sounds the easy bit. Ha!
    But as for the wiki section edits/updates and cross-referencing, I assume there's not too many super-modders and admin. around who can do it, let alone have the interest to do it. I have the super interest and the time but maybe not the tools.
    Anyway, I'm just a private. Ha! Who knows what hidden agendas I have? PLEASE UNDERSTAND I DON'T HAVE!!! But that's just me saying it.
    ;)

Anyway ...... lets start. Small steps ...... Omega 41 Section Map coming up ......

Just one other point: I see you have updated the Regional Listing. Great! Might I suggest we keep that as the current version and it remains unchanged until we/you wish to make a series of changes following my/your/others work? We need a single version so we/you/they are all referring to the same, identical Regional Listing . Its just your bloody pedantic nature Wombat! :rolleyes:

Edit: Just checked your latest update of the Regional Listing and it meets all of the requested changes proposed by Ajay and re-proposed by me. :salutes Now we are all on the same playing field. :thumbsup:

Edited 2 times, last by wombat1940 ().