Sirius Sector Map and Region Listing

There are 64 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• System Map: Omega-41 Exemplar. See attachment.
    Its plain, simple but hopefully informative. Doesn't (not that I can see) contradict anything with its Systems Data Information. Indicates notionally (approximately) where to find things. Specific location for the flyer to find. Anyway. Its a start. Don't spare me if its not what you want Martind. No BS please. ;)
    Wombat out.

• These map images are upscaled? or original size screenshot?_please give me one without added text/graphics.

• Previously posted: Original screenshot >>>> cut to target relevant section >>>> adjust to 581 x 581 >>>>> edited with text >>>> saved >>>>> posted to you.

No text screenshot section >>>>> see attachments (this new posting).

1. OMEGA-41 - Zero Text - cut - re-sized to 581 x 581 (Crossfire 2.0) Exemplar

2. OMEGA-41 - Zero Text Almost - cut - not re-sized - cut to 581 x 581 (Crossfire 2.0) Exemplar
    .... sorry don't know how to remove text (ie. "Physical Map" and "Omega-41") before taking screenshot. ?( Could paste it out but don't think that's what you want .....

:salutes Wombat ;)

• Here is what I mean: starting game, load character (hmm, I do it in Multi-Player ... maybe THIS is different for next step, dunno), then I open system map for chosen system (picture 1), then I use Alt+TAB to desktop (navmap is open!) and return to the game again with alt+TAB (picture 2), then using gimp or something like this and cut (no resizing) from second picture navmap (ideally without red borders which you see when zoom image) in 581x581 size ... I think it is the best quality map you can get directly from game.

... btw I used this last system image already: Omega-41

• Well what a waste of time that was! :thumbdown: Supposed to be a JH in New Hongkong to The Inner Core. Didn't find it, so came back to Sirius through Yaktsk. Simple jumps there to Omego 41. Only thing was I got shot at by a group of Coalition Rogues!!! Bastards! I'm just a friendly old man simply trying to explore things! They're fighting for the other bloody side! Not anymore are they ..... fixed them right up ..... hee, hee, hee. :thumbsup:
    Now back to more important things: Omega-41 Map.

Edit: God ...... I live this sim. Yes ..... love it, but live it!!!

• btw, still playing only SP? ... in MP you can make for yourself more characters (5 per account and there is no limit to number of accounts you can have ... :) ) and try soulforge train trading and different other ships (which can be placed on different places).

• Martind wrote:
    Here is what I mean: starting game, load character (hmm, I do it in Multi-Player ... maybe THIS is different for next step, dunno), .....

Me say:
    I start up >>>> I only have one character (Trent) >>>>> load last saved game >>>> let's say I'm taken to Freeport 5 >>>>> move out to externally of Freeport 5 ......

Martind wrote:

..... then I open system map for chosen system (picture 1), .....

Me say:
    .... ok, I do the same ..... [Note: I have downloaded and installed GIMP. At least we are then both on the same page..... HOWEVER ..... my screenshots here are taken with ShareX which I'm very familiar with .... They are just to show you what I'm getting visually. I've used GIMP before but need to come up to speed on it again.]
    Here's Picture 1:
    Bugger!!! Forgotten how to insert a picture!!! Something about Photobucket .... Can't remember. Bugger!!!

Martind wrote:
    ....... then I use Alt+TAB to desktop (navmap is open!) and return to the game again with alt+TAB (picture 2), ......

Me say: My Picture 1 (ALT + TAB) and (ALT + TAB) Picture 2 are the same size. ?( Although I've sometimes have to refresh the resolution in the game because it looks like Picture 2 sizing.

Maybe they are the same size because I play windowed? I'll try non-windowed. Sorry :( ...... any other suggestions?

Edit: I have the patience to see this through ...... only hope you have the same. But I'll understand if you don't. ;)

• YES!!! MUST BE OUT OF WINDOWS MODE!!!

Me say:
    My Picture 1 (See attachment)
    My Picture 2 (See attachment)

Martind wrote:
    ...... then using gimp or something like this and cut (no resizing) from second picture navmap in 581x581 size ...

Me say:
    I can't fit into 581 x 581 what you fitted in the same without shrinking it. :( Can't even determine 581 x 581 outline anymore with GIMP.
    Maybe my poor use of GIMP, but I had the same trouble when I tried MS Paint.
    What the trick?
    My Picture 3 (See attachment)

Files

• Picture 1.jpg

(329.16 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )
    • Picture 2.jpg

(393.05 kB, downloaded 8 times, last: )
    • Picture 3.png

(1.46 MB, downloaded 9 times, last: )

Edited 3 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• Martind, I uploaded your Picture 2 and had no trouble cutting to 581 x 581 and producing the equivalent to your Picture 3. My Picture 2 is a lot bigger than your Picture 2 and the Map certainly wont fit into 581 x 581 without shrinking it. Which seems in order as its bigger in the first place. (See attachment). The text clarity is poor but that might be improved by using GIMP rather than MS Paint.

• Get maps in 698 x 698 .. I can use these, no problem. What is interesting is that you have font quite small, I have smaller resolution but font is bigger. There is in fonts-fix.cmd file which may make your ingame fonts better readable.

• Keep getting shut out mate ...... bugger. Error message to sign in again, and again, and again. Right for the moment. Ye .... my text is crap .... I'll look at the fix. Also no red outline with My Picture 2. OK. 698 x 698 it will be. 3.57am here. Time for bed. I'll post again tomorrow ... sorry later today. Where do I get that font-fix.cmd file?

• Red line is based on setting when is mod activated (Ive forget it), this file is directly in Freelancer directory.

• What is interesting is that you have font quite small, I have smaller resolution but font is bigger. There is in fonts-fix.cmd file which may make your ingame fonts better readable.

Font size also depends on "Adjust to desktop resolution" setting in Launcher options - text on maps becomes smaller when this setting is enabled on some systems.

Where do I get that font-fix.cmd file?

The file is located in Freelancer installation directory (Don't forget to right-click and press Run as Administrator!).

HTH

• Martind, going to send you OMEGA 41 Map in 698 x 698. I know you've developed it yourself, but you can fiddle with mine and see if it works before I tackle another map for consideration. SP is very different to MP. I realise that now. But I like it at SP and I think so would many others. I'm dedicated to seeing running, looking presentable with minimum contradictions in detail. I need to come up to speed on the history of FL and CF2.0. I don't even know the make up each group ..... Britonian Police? ..... GMG? .... Nomads? ..... K'Dom is it?
    Wombat out.

• Brilliant!!! I turned on "Use desktop resolution" (because it was off) and its back to perfect! Ha! Thanks mate!

I wont initiate Font-fix. Not now. Don't what to tempt fate ...... ;)

• Martind wrote:
    Get maps in 698 x 698 .. I can use these, no problem. .....

My say:
    See attachment for My New Picture 3 OMEGA-41 Map. It includes the normal text, cut to 698 x 698, but non of my stuff about mined areas, reference to Crossfire 2.0 in the heading, etc. I can include it if you want or I can remove all the text (except the map titles) if you wish. Note now I have the improved font thanks to Wanderer. Await your response.
    Wombat out.

• It's perfect exactly like it is. You can do only one more thing and it is take screenshot when is not on map visible your ship position (I see you was docked on Freeport 5). Btw you can take maps without the need to be in system (or sector), just use sector map to get to needed system in whole CF universe. You also can make screenshots with simple pressing PrtSc, which will automatically make .bmp image into "C:\Users\user\Pictures\Crossfire Shots\" folder. I then only crop image and save it as .jpg