There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Portalearth.

• (Purpose: Pilots gather to coordinate new Wing missions, exchange "stories" or share interesting places from around the galaxy)

I will be on tonight if anyone wants to fly around. I'm Currently in the Phekda System operating out of Wener Orbital.

Hours:
    1130pm - EST
    430a GMT
    530a UTC+1 (Germany)
    730a UTC+3 (Moscow)
    330p AET (Sydney

Until whenever

• How do these missions work?
    I was online Saturday and noticed a bunch of ridiculous large trade missions.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• yeah. ya know how in Crossfire you can get a train full of a commodities and bring it to your clan base 4,000,000 times? it's kind of like i believe.

A stock Type-9 Heavy can carry up to 348 units of cargo and theres still 4 modules you can replace with cargo pods. So transporting 2,732 units of something random doesn't sound so bad when you have 3 or 4 friends with ships outfitted for large hauls of 150+ units doing the mission with you

It appears wing missions also applies it assassination and massacre missions
    Wing Missions | Elite Dangerous Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

• T9 now (3.0 change) can take 704! cargo with few HRPs and one small MRP: Coriolis EDCD Edition (that ship is modified, but also unmodded T9 should be able keep walk with NPCs and deliver cargo) ... it is atm the best trading ship which is not locked by rank (very slightly better cargo have only cutter which needs one from highest imperial ranks to be unlocked). Wing (where I play) experience is, that trading mission are quite easily doable "solo". Military wing missions are however something else and there is more "firepower" needed.

Edit by
    Is worth also note that stats in link I provided are in real even better if you do engineering now, bcs changes done to engineers in 3.0 offers do engineering much more efficiently.

Edit by
    3.0.2 patch is out ... combat wing missions now will have NPC with engineered ships! (looks great, will try these today :) )

• best ships I have are the ASP and a mediocre python

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Python is very good passengers hauler and this is probably the most efficient way how to regularly increase assets. Use economy or business cabins like here: Coriolis EDCD Edition . If you can engineer some ship parts, it for sure will help.

• I have recently bought a passenger cabin and did a flight. But I used it only when no other cargo missions were available. Most passenger missions require to fly back to the original station to get paid. I'm too lazy for that.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Can always do transport missions, which are generally one way trips

Then again, i did come across an 8m Credit tourist mission a few days ago. Took me about 3 hours to finish

• Money wise: the best are passengers transports (i.e. from A to B). There is enough of them and payment and offers are going better with your higher reputation to local minor factions. For allied factions there also can be find 4-5M paid delivery missions (like haul 120t of battle weapons to ... ) which are also nice income.

Passenger missions:

• Transport_ (A to B) ... best money/time. If is destination little far from Sun (around 10k ls, these missions pays much more as these to places close to system entry point). Another good paid missions are for "criminal" passengers which do not like scans ... every scan hugely decrease passengers satisfaction.
    • Sight seeing (A to B and back to A) ... some can be good also for income, but mainly they are for visiting places with nice views. I like especially these with geysers which have big amount of micromaterials at one place.

.. there is "hidden" allot if you are deeper involved in BGS (bacground simulation) and you want support (or not) chosen local minor factions.

• seconded. I am trying to get a bigger ship (maybe Type-9, T10 or Anaconda and outfit it with nothing but passenger cabins. Doing A->B passenger trips is good money especially when you stack multiple missions going the the same place. Yes, it requires a little planning and thought as to who is going where and how many. Most of these jumps aren't much further than a system and usually you can find 2 or 3 people wanting to go to the same place.

I've also stacked A->B->A trips. Those missions yield between $1-3m each for me depending how many stops they want to make and how far.

But really, anyone who's smart enough can make upwards of 5 million in a short time in any given space profession just working out of a single, well selected station.

• he! he! can't resist another chance at this cookie.
    ED soud a bit like the X3 game that I play offLine. :) :) :)

you should change the heading of this thread by removing The and replcing it with La, because it will go better with Cantina.
    else
    you are in

Files

==========================???:?::!::?:(HiRUGAs' WEB) :?::!::?:???=========================

Red Red White Center @Sun Exit Red Green Red Orange White Center & Your Out ..........End of Line :) :)

• i dunno
    these big missions dont appear that appealing to me

Normal transport missions that I can do on short distance travels currently are worth 200k-700k credits (sometimes more).
    Thats usually a 60 unit cargo. With some luck I can take multiple deliveries into the same system at the same time).
    Usually I need 10mins for one delivery. Actually I only accept jobs lower than 400k if i have to fill my cargo additionally to another mission or if nothing else is available.

The large missions have higher rewards but the time to finish them with my currently limited cargo space (the python has its limits) appears much higher.
    I think that doing small missions is more lucrative and I actually dont have any time pressure.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• mmm yeah. Then again some missions give you the option of what reward you want now (new 3.0 feature) so transporting a CEO from station A to B can get you 400k credits OR 200k credits and a ton of reputation OR some random crap you can use for engineering upgrades and a little reputation. I'm usually working when i play ED since i work at home so occasionally i have to set engines to low on my way somewhere...

and i wouldn't consider 17 hours to visit 2 or 3 visitor beacons "pressed for time." The only reason it takes so long to make money is because space is big and takes a little time to get places. The monotony of "honk, scoop, jump" also kills me sometimes

• What I meant is that the large missions consume alot more time. It does not matter if the mission allows completion within 17 hours.
    Fact is if I cant complete the mission on one day and cant even tell if I have time to play the other day this mission most likely will fail. I usually jump into the game for a short time and do stuff that I consider lucrative.

Ive noticed the reward options which are really nice. Currently I am mostly after money since I am not really swimming in money. I bought a Python months ago and then at a point stopped playing. I require money for upgrades and insurance.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• right but that's why i think they give so much because they understand it takes so long to get from A to B regardless of what you're doing. You could start a mission, go to work, come back and finish it. I don't bother with their little side mission "i want gimme can i haves i requires"