How do I save a character (flyer), currently my only character?

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by wombat1940.

• I have built a particular character (flyer) in SP that has explored everywhere (basically in God mode), extremely rich and at least neutral with all Clans apart from the Nomad group. I would like to develop a second flyer, also for SP. I am concerned if I start a new flyer he/she will totally override my initial flyer and he will be lost together with all his gains (ie. exploratory, wealth, neutrality, etc). Is there a way of saving my first flyer so I can return to him at later stage?
    Thank you.

• if not mistaken... this is what i did...

Go to My Document folder, then My Games folder, then Freelancer folder ...

inside the you will see 3 files and a folder named Accts...

that Accts folder is your SP games files...

copy that folder to somewhere else ... eg: a usb thumb drive

then delete that Accts folder in your Freelancer folder ...

So, when u restart your new SP game, another Accts folder will be created.

If you want to return to your rich flyer, you can always copy it back into that Freelancer folder as mentioned above...

just make sure u know which Accts folder is your rich character and the new character... you can named it accordingly...

But, in order for it to run, the name must be Accts in the Freelancer folder...

• Thanks boys! Both seem to be good suggestions. I assume the Savegame file stores everything including the flyer personal details.

I love this game, and having just acquired a new Notebook with extra graphical power, I'm seem so many new things in so much finer detail. A good example of this is my cockpit: its got an instrument panel now! And many of the planets have taken on a new appearance. Just beautiful.