PC upgrade

There are 95 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• the energy consumption... the global warming... the waste of resources just for a bit money

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• It was quite long wait, but now I have installed in PC MSI GTX 1070Ti (was GTX 960) ... now I'm downloading 3DMark Basic Edition for testing (3,9 GB :redeyealien:). Installation was easy going, card vents are stopped for now, obviously are not needed when not playing games :)

• That's odd, is it really cold in your room or something, I thought vents never stop lol

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• :D ehh, I meant fan(s) ... there are 2 (GK cooler) and I now tried Fire Strike 1.1 Demo with score 16 129. Need to check these fans in further testing, but all I can hear is fan on my CPU and case and both are quite silent (and I have open case) ... looks good so far :)

• Well, yes, I didnt know a graphic card's fans can stay off/stopped as you mentioned. Always start right from pushing the Power button on the PC, so, shrugs xD I didnt have that card so, couldn't know.

Anyway enjoy your new card, bet that power feels awesome :D Felt that way last time I upgraded the card.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Thx!

I was looking at the card when the benchmarking demo was started and they both started spinning few seconds after testing started. I was looking on the card from 10 cm and I did not hear any increased/additinal sound. People opinions which I read in advance seem were exactly like it is ... I'm usually littlebit sceptic to avoid disappointment, but that was not needed :) ...

• Some cards have a fan stop feature which allows them run via passive cooling.

I also have that but during the hot summer days I at least let the fans run at 20%. Now since its getting a bit cooler again I probably will rely on passive cooling.

In many games it wouldnt even start activating the fans since my hard has a very big heat sink for passive cooling.

The thing is its not only stopping the fans in windows but also in games until a certain temperature is reached (usually 50°C).

I didnt want a 50°C heat source hanging below my CPU when it is under heavy load.

The 20% cooled it down to about 37°C which isnt really more than the average room temps this summer - lol.

That bit of air pressure was enough to push the hot air around the CPU cooler, out of the case.

You wont really hear any noise from these fans. They only get a bit louder (not much) when they run under full load... which barely happens.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• The passive cooling is a feature that's becoming more standard in GPUs. Reduces energy consumption as well as reduces wear on your GPU cooler fans.

but, a system that keeps your components cool is useless if it gets dusty

• thats why we have dust filters

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Sounds like the worst possible cooling solution since in a vacuum heat can only radiate away via infrared.

Even a hot summer day in the Sahara potentially offers a better cooling performance than a vacuum.

Oh, and you try the aquarium PC case only once.

Whatever you have seen on youtube... thats not water. Its a non-conductive crystaline cooling liquid.

Thats btw. also why we will never ever encounter an aquatic alien civilization. In order to develop technology they eventually would have to do high-voltages experiments at some point and I can assure you that they will do such an experiment only once.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• that of course would make more sense

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• more or less, yes

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Yes Martind Forlon ,i know about this topic,and i have read whole,but believe me,my microwave doesn't meet even minimum req for ED :( AMD athlon 64x2, dcore 4000+,2 giga ram and GForce 9600 GT.I cant use more than 2 giga ram,cus is something wrong with RAM slots,even if i touch ram,or shake a bit case,it loose contact and than starts puling out and pushing in mem module until it stop with beeping.Cant change processor as well,this one is best available for this motherboard.Cant sell it even,cus no one want it.I got recently one other comp,intel d core,4gb ram,but processor is just 2ghz,and graph card is some old crp.Around November i will get from friend from Germany some 3ghz Core2 quad Q9650,(here is 50 euro)or maybe Xeon X5460,and some 1gb graphic card,so maybe than.Playing ED looks like not expensive as far i see,if you not buying extras.

SASxema.gif

• Yes Martind Forlon ,i know about this topic,and i have read whole,but believe me,my microwave doesn't meet even minimum req for ED :( AMD athlon 64x2, dcore 4000+,2 giga ram and GForce 9600 GT.I cant use more than 2 giga ram,cus is something wrong with RAM slots,even if i touch ram,or shake a bit case,it loose contact and than starts puling out and pushing in mem module until it stop with beeping.Cant change processor as well,this one is best available for this motherboard.Cant sell it even,cus no one want it.I got recently one other comp,intel d core,4gb ram,but processor is just 2ghz,and graph card is some old crp.Around November i will get from friend from Germany some 3ghz Core2 quad Q9650,(here is 50 euro)or maybe Xeon X5460,and some 1gb graphic card,so maybe than.Playing ED looks like not expensive as far i see,if you not buying extras.

... my PC upgrade period is around 10 years (and this my new PC build was not going easy), I know therefore very well how it is with old hardware when you cannot get more output from it. I can only wish you luck to reach time when you will be able buy decent PC.