Chapter 10 - script doesn't proceed (Bug?)

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Hello,

As suggested by title, I've encountered a problem on last mission of chapter 10.
    The objective tells me that I should "Let Juni and King dock with the gate", which they successfully do, then... Nothing happens no matter what I do. If I enter the gate, the objective still remains same (it didn't register the previous step apparently) and in the next system I will not see any friendly NPC ships.
    I've also tried waiting before entering the gate for at least 5 minutes, but no difference. Also, entering Vell gate and returning seems to despawn everything quest-related in the system, so no luck there as well.
    Have I encountered a gamebreaking bug, or is this stage actually unfinished? Either way, I would appreciate some advice.

Thank you

• You missed some mission 'waypoint'. Load last mission save, undock from BS and precisely follow mission path while wait for orders and act only after rhey are given. Happened once to myself too.

• Thanks for response.
    Followed your instructions, 3 times, even had to re-do the whole mission completely. Third time was the charm. A little bit disappointed by the ending, but it wasn't that great in the OG either =)

This seems like an annoying softlock. Should I maybe submit something to the bugtracker, maybe with savefile? Or is it a known issue?
    I also guess all the SP mission cargo is safe to sell from now on hopefully.

Quite enjoyed the mod still. Aside from unfair difficulty in some of the later parts, and the long fetch quests, it was a great experience. Not many mods reach that level, leave it alone have an actual long SP campaign to it.

• Not really a bug. You just have to follow the mission instructions and everything will work fine.
    The only reasons why it might break is if you totally ignore these instructions and dont follow the waypoins or if you load the autosave instead of the mission generated savegames at some point.
    The autosave does not store mission triggers correctly. That can mess up the mission later on.
    There is no way to prevent it other than using the mission generated savegames.
    All missions after the vanilla campaign unfortunatly do not reset triggers when the game creates autosaves. That is a limitation of the game engine I can not change without having the source code.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!