Impressive but...

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• So, I was deciding which game to play and clicked on ED in Steam. I noticed an article with an interesting titled "Elite Dangerous pilots are scrambling to rescue an explorer stranded in the void between galaxies"

Link: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/12/21/elite-dangerous-rescue-mission-christmas/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+(Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%2

In Short: This commander wanted to break the record for furthest from Sol trip. Commander Delvian Held the record at 65,652 light years from earth until Commander Persera Ventured out in mid december seeking to break that record. She did, travelling 65,659 light years from Sol. Thennnnnnn she ran out of gas....

Commander Persera was indeed rescued by two brave commanders from the Fuel Rats.

For a decent well written read, here's the forum post with the adventure: The Void Beyond

• I am wondering what the "but" is for ;)

Ive spent a few days in ED again and have to say that alot has improved.
    Last time I played was ages ago and it was frustrating as hell as you couldnt avoid pulled out of cruise by NPCs and missions were practically worth nothing.
    When I started again I was surprised having only 12mio credits left but on a 2nd look I had a fully equiped python... so thats well possible.
    What I noticed is that the interface on stations is alot cleaner and better aligned. Thats good. I like that.
    Also missions (at least the ones I have tried) are easier to understand and also provide better updates when something changes in space (like pirates chasing you or time bonuses). Thats nice.
    I have no idea about which equipment is any good but since I am in a trading ship currently I dont have to worry that much about it.

Graphics also appear to have gotten an overhaul (or at least I believe they did). Lots of stuff looks alot more detailed now.

I certainly will spend more time in cockpit in future.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• "Impressive" you managed to travel further from sol than any human, "but" you ran out of gas.

And afaik, the general rule when it comes to equipment for trading is you want to minimize mass as much as possible to maximize jump range. I think the general rule of thumb for merchants and taxis is you want low-tier equipment except for the FSD drive, life support, the discovery scanner and shields. Cargo box and passenger cabin sizes i think should up to the commander. Me personally, i don't transport the usual riff-raff. Rich Tourists, Generals and Criminal Masterminds make for better company on those 30-minute in-system flights from the star to some monument 400,000 light seconds away...and better profits of course. BUT if you wanna feel good transporting a dozen refugees who, more often than not, leaves a giant mess in the cabin.

• well, ive never been to sol in this game but i also ran out of gas once
    martind rescued me

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Fuel Rats are doing some of the craziest rescue operations :) ... you need to have allot free time and sort of real dedication for doing so. ... aaand Python is my loved ship, very likely I spent in it 2/3 of my ED play time :)