*Game bug?

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• So I have played the vanilla version of Freelancer, of course, but with a few bug fixing and eyecandy mods. I recently decided to try Crossfire 2.0. Problem is whenever I enter the game, light particles become squares. Like shown in the pic. I also included the specs of my crappy graphics card (so crappy other graphics card shit it out every morning).

Thoughts for a fix?
    Also, sorry for the language.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Files

• specs.gif

(28.23 kB, downloaded 11 times, last: )
    • title.jpg

(317.87 kB, downloaded 11 times, last: )
  • I did choose Vanilla FL for shader options, and installed it low res. Still, I get the problem.
    I tried the instructions on that page you recommended, but so far, no possible combinations work.
    Now I am currently outside, away from that pc, and playing multiplayer.

• Its not a shader problem.
    It looks like the game is unable to load textures that are used for these effects.

A few weeks ago I did a step by step analysis of this problem and was able to find out what is wrong.
    However I dont really know WHY it happened to you because there are multiple possible error sources.

1. It might be that you didnt have a clean mod installation. If you have used other mods before the FLMM often enables a write protection on some files. This could have caused problems with the installation of Crossfire.
    Best way to prevent that is to open FLMM, restore backups, then delete the Freelancer folder completely, reinstall windows and activate the mod again in FLMM. (Thats the procedure that I do every few weeks when I am working on the mod).

2. It might be that during the installation an antivir tool blocked something. However this is highly unlikely due to the type of these files.

3. It might be that you have installed Freelancer inside a protected directory (such as C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Freelancer).
    Depending on your windows version and your security settings (UAC, etc) "C:\Program Files\" belongs to the directory which require special access permissions. That could in theory lead to problems with the installation.
    It is much better to install vanilla FL into "C:\Freelancer" instead.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Then something else on your pc is causing it. We tested the mod under windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and Vista multiple times prior releasing it.
    Since that we had thousands of players which were able to get it running without any problems.

The above problems are clearly missing textures and that can only happen when the PC prevents that files are correctly written on the HDD. Above I have mentioned possible reasons.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Hello ParametersOfAName,
    it's just a wild guess, but have you tried installing DirectX libraries from the Microsoft site?

Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Sometimes that helps in getting older applications to run under Windows 7.

• Square textures happened to me on a fresh windows install...long ago. Started working normal later in time. Not sure exactly what caused it so no help except maybe something missing at windows like post above, some older .NET framework, and such.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis