request

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• ?(PLEASE IF THIS IS ANYWAY POSSIBLE. I HAVE SEEN ON HERE OVER THE PAST YOU CAN CHANGE CERTAIN THINGS ON SHIPS. WOULD APPRECIATE IT PLEASE IF THE TURRENTS ON THE NIGHTHAWK SHIP CAN FIRE FORWARDS IN A 180 DEGREE ARC. NOT REAR AS ITS AIMED AT THE TAIL AND MAKES NO SENSE AND NO USE RELISTICALLY. I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE RESTRICTIONS TO WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN,T DO. I ALSO APPRECIATE YOUR BUSY ON OTHER STUFF TOO.PLEASE LOOK AT THIS REQUEST IF POSSIBLE. :salutes

• possible, yes
    but there are many ships with turrets which only fire backwards
    so why changing it for this specific one?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• possible, yes
    but there are many ships with turrets which only fire backwards
    so why changing it for this specific one?

Well, I didn't found any usefulness for rear firing turrets while playing crossfire for all these years, so maybe if it is not big hassle, then do changes like requested here can't hurt. At least it can help enjoy more playing this mod for active players. I see regularly this approach in ED where devs do from time to time updates to ships based on player feedback (changes which dont hurt balance,which rises usefulness of ships ... like asked one).

• the question would be how the balance of ships does change

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• the question would be how the balance of ships does change

OK, launched SP and did some shopping and testing.

• Weapons 2x9, 4x10, 1x10lvl turret
    • Turret is placed on ship top and is firing in180°arc in upper ship hemisphere backward (you cannot fire below your ship).
    • Ship turn speed is average at best
    • Ship size average (there are for sure smaller VHSs)
    • Can use 1xTorpedo and 1x CD or 2xCDs.

... change the turret to forward can add some small additional firepower, but you still will need dealt with limitations to turrets which are available, so if you will want that it hit something (reliably), you need use only weapons with slow projectiles speed (and still turret will fire only on things in upper hemisphere). In CF we have for sure better ships (combat) atm and this also with forward turrets mounts (one if I remember it right have two turrets firing forward). I don't see here threat to balance :) . What I for sure like on this ship is design, looks nice imo.

• Yeah, Komodo Dragon, but IIRC it has two class 6 turrets. Two Hellflurry MkII turrets, two Buckshots, four AECs combo with projectile speed 750, but are a murder on the power supply. Also heard of King Tiger.
    Nomad guns though have no turrets that'd combo with them, but I could try Nomad Guns/Codenames +Tizonas + Firekisses/Flamecurses. Turrets would lag behind guns, but good against large NPC ships or NPCs on straight course.
    Coalition Turrets have no class 10 guns that'd combo with them. Sad panda.
    (I'm viewing pure gunboat setups through PvE prism. In PvP all those ships might as well not exist.)

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited once, last by Ajay ().

• if it's easier to change all turrets to firing forward it would be great :). For the NightHawk...I think there is not that big advantage against other ships. Look at the Deimos i.e. 6x10 and one class10 forward firing turret or like Ajay explain the King Tiger with 2 forward firing turrets 1x9 and 1x10. That kind of ships are used for PvE only I guess and most used with Nomad Gun Setup for power reasons.

Chars: Thomas_CF1, TL_01, TL_RC, TL_Trans, TL_BS

• Thanks Martind, appreciate your views and could not have put it any better. The mirage is another ship too that would benefit forward firing. Important to remember each player has there style and choice of ship weapons etc and style of play. Yes one point it can drain your power quickly but again that comes back to what you mount and how you use them. I respect that the sections of Swat Forum is for Feedback and Suggestions and Idea,s. I stress too what might look and sound silly to some, is important to the player asking the question or he wouldn,t ask. It comes to mind too that new players are encouraged to come to Swat-Portal and join the community. For Help, Guidance, To ask questions and experience crossfire for how it was intended. :suchend:

• if it's easier to change all turrets to firing forward it would be great :). For the NightHawk...I think there is not that big advantage against other ships. Look at the Deimos i.e. 6x10 and one class10 forward firing turret or like Ajay explain the King Tiger with 2 forward firing turrets 1x9 and 1x10. That kind of ships are used for PvE only I guess and most used with Nomad Gun Setup for power reasons.

Nobody said anything about it being "easy".
    Updating all ships means to provide a very large patch with every ship that has turrets included.

To be honest I am not sure if such an update is beneficial at all considering that the additional turret also draws power and that due to the different projectile speeds you most likely will mess up the autoaim. In the end players might do even less damage than before because they reach the ships power limit earlier and dont even hit their target anymore.
    Its pretty much against everything that combat tutorials try to teach you.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• :salutes Wow! I Agree with all of the above Wants or Would like's, also this Seems to me to be Not such a Straight and Easy Patch,
    I Would Like to Get Some Ion Cannons For the Sea of Shadows, but Hey it's Never Gonna Happen! :) It is Great that we can Have these Debates
    and Try to get to an Understanding of the Complexities of Even making Minor Adjustments to a Programme...

In the End, I Think you Pays your Credits and you Pick your Ship.....
    :salutes

That's all I have ;) :rolleyes:

:salutes Fools Rush In Where Angels Fear To Tread :patsch: :salutes
    :salutes A Fool and Their Credits are Easily Parted :D
    :salutes Softly, Softly, Catchy Freelancer :P :salutes
    :salutes SMILE :) It Breaks up the Time Between Disasters :thumbsup:
    :salutes I can Only Please one Person Per Day.Today is Not Your Day And Tomorrow does Not Look Good Either :thumbdown: :salutes

Edited 2 times, last by |TSH| ***Tribbs*** ().