Elite Dangerous 2.4 is Out!

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Few quick observations, below then patch notes:

• USS lvl five with thargoids (encounters with Thargoids is reported till now only from USS, if we can meet them also as standard NPCs dunno, it can come later). They are very fast and atm practically untouchable (fast hull regeneration), plus can hit very hard while theirs weapons can ignore shields ... Interesting times ahead! :) . ECM it seems can for some time confuse theirs special missile weapon.
    • New missions board have big amount of missions. Problem atm is, that some missions rewards are for some things very overpriced (few trillions for one mission is little too much generous :) ). PPL were advised by FDev to do not take these missions (these moneys will be removed from players accounts for sure).
    • Some ppl reports slow servers responses and long times for hyperjumps (normal for time very short after release)
    • ... overall it looks like this new ED version is very promising, but personally I recommend wait few days till they will smash reported top issues.

• Jumped into the cockpit for the first time. was waiting for the update to drop before i got back on. swapped out my type 7 for an Asp Explorer. Just because i'm concerned about aliens, i sacrificed about 4ly in jump distance for military grade armor and a couple tier 2 weapons.

I was also getting some connectivity issues and kicked back to the main menu

• so the devs might punish the players for a mistake the devs made?
    Ive seen same stuff in STO.
    In SWTOR ive seen quiet the opposite. There the devs made a mistake leading +10 times higher rewards plus having a double reward week and their response was: "oh we are aware of the problems, but cant fix them until the next update in 2 weeks so enjoy the extra stuff".

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• OK, so finall get to my gaming PC to check stuff by myself.

• New launcher downloaded & installed (smooth)
    • Game updated (needed circa half hour, but it was larger data package, update finished smoothly)
    • Game launched and first looks around: all seems is seamlessly functioning. Menus are fast, upper new HUD menu was reworked and first checks ok
    • Visitied missions board ... wow, there is now 10x more missions, every faction (unless there is state reason) offers range of missions. Same for passengers, just picked up one transport mission 70ly away (4-5 jumps) paying 12M (that seems is rly nice)
    • Visiting holo-me ... new outfit stuff there (I like this :D)
    • Nav-map and system map check (open with dela and overal functioning it seems was polished!)
    • Noted that there are now SAR (search and rescue) contacts in station menu
    • Noted that passenger missions offered do not have bulk (passengers do not need whole cabin for themselves), only VIP (group occupy whole cabin, it mean if there is group of 3 and cabin have 6 seats, you "lost" these extra 3 seats bcs passengers take whole cabin)
    • Noted that cAPI (allows some special stuff for external apps) is non functional atm (can be it is purposely to test first how mod performs)
    • Was in one local High Combat zone and two capital class ship smoothly entered in and started heavy fight ... ha, it was great to watch :)
    • In supercruise there was kind of stutter when approached station (loading?) ... now it is gone, smooth fly.

So far, well, I need to say they did allot work on this update and I saw so far only fragment of new stuff. I expect some further minor adjustments and looking forward for

• going to reinstall it as soon I have a new PC
    (personal reminder: save voiceattack profiles)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• They appears atm in USS (lvl5) in Maia system and sometimes you can be pulled out of supercruise (also Maia and surrounding space circle cca 150ly)